Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Excellent post and very informative fwh, :tup
I really do believe that some posters who come on here with complaints have actually booked a dynamic package and thinking that they have just got a package holiday that is cheaper and appears better value than the same being offered by the conventional TO s like thomson , TC and monarch who take responsibility for any failings .
I see the main problem as being the accommodation part of the package , if booking with a TO and a problem with accommodation occurs it usually ends with an upgrade or at least in your favour , with the dynamic package the customer can end up finding out at short notice ( a common theme ) that their choice is not available and it appears that the customer is then offered an inferior or less desirable accommodation with little choice for them to accept or pay considerably more because of the short notice . I understand that most times customers get what they want but there are no guarantees accommodation issues can occur which seems to be the main cause of complaint .

If you read the " quote " you inserted of what would typically be displayed on an agents website it all seems risk free and just a remark of contractual jargon , while the full and clear and transparent explanation of the real situation that you have clearly explained shows exactly what you are really getting for the cheap prices that they display .
I hope this helps people to make a more informed decision on what they book.
I've found this really really helpful today, I've only ever booked a package holiday before and looked on Thomas Cook website and it had flexi trips and telephoned them as the flight I wanted would not work, even though the option was shown, and the telephone operator told me it was a dynamic package - I asked was that the same as a package, as I had only used a package and she said that I will get an ATOL certificate and vouchers once booked, so I said if the accommodation was to go wrong or the airline would Thomas cook help, and she said they have a 24 hr helpline. I did not commit, and remembered this thread, so thanks whilst some would be happy with this Dynamic Package, I did not want to take it, but the telephony operator was most certainly evasive
Flexible Trips holidays are package holidays. It's a common misconception that dynamic packages are not 'true' packages. There are firms that sell the software enabling online agents to package their own holidays together, whilst hiding the individual element prices.

A true dynamic package is a tailor made package holiday covered by the package regs. It is sold at an inclusive price. You get the benefits of an off the shelf package, but with the flexibility of being able to choose your own flight and accommodation.

The other type that a lot of the cheap OTAs sell where you have separate elements, sold at separate prices and through separate suppliers, are dynamic bundles (flight plus) not packages.

When I worked in retail we used to package our own regularly, long before flight plus was thought of lol. They were true package holidays, the customer got their choice of airline, accommodation etc and they were covered by our Atol. Nowadays dynamic bundles are also Atol protected as well.

Maybe the telephone operator didn't understand, because TC don't sell dynamic packages (flight plus) so she possibly wasn't even familiar with them.
Hi Sunaddict - it was the telephone operator that told me several times it was a Dynamic Package and NOT a package. I have booked now, elsewhere as a package.
Miss Pink wrote:
Hi Sunaddict - it was the telephone operator that told me several times it was a Dynamic Package and NOT a package. I have booked now, elsewhere as a package.

It is a dynamic package because you have a choice of flights to go with your choice of accommodation, as opposed to being a set one out of a brochure, but it's still a package sold at an inclusive price, and protected by the package regulations.
If it was a bundle you would have a breakdown of costs whilst booking, so separate prices for flights with each airline, and a separate price for the accommodation. That's because you would have contracts with 2 different suppliers.

You have a 24hr helpline because you don't have a rep.

At least you've got your holiday booked though :tup I've just booked one this evening. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.