Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
hello,
print off some of the bad reviews, thats what i did and emailed them to the travel agent. i change to the holiday village in the dominican.
we was due to go next oct and i wont take the risk where my kids are concerned.
i wouldnt like to be going in the near future.
hi treakletia

Not sure if its the reviews on here that you have looked at, but just scanned the last 12 or so and nearly all of them are bad (very). Perhaps you could do as suggested and print them off and take them in or email them. It might be worth checking another site such as trip adviser as well so that you can prove that you are getting your information from various sources.

It seems unfair that you were forced into booking into this accommodation as a result of the KABC fiasco, that now this one sounds like it is going to be dire they are penalising you for wishing to change again.
All I can say is thankfully there are review sites like Holiday-Truth!

Just read a few reviews - what a nightmare - there is no way you would get me or any of my family to stay at that resort.

Just gone onto the FC website to have a look - it portrays a beautiful resort and complex. Just shows in future I'm never booking before looking at the reviews. It's not as if it's just an odd report either - there's several!!!!
Nothing was mentioned at all about low flying aircraft, only resort on slight incline!
I would move to a different complex! Definately! Even if I had to put extra - that just sounds like a holiday in hell.

Just be thankful you found out before you went :roll:
We were paid £300 after our complaint went in about this accomodation, no questions asked, they just sent me a cheque. If you go into the forum about this place I do believe one person was offered alternative without any admin fees, and Im sure another poster has said that FC were sending someone in because of the amount of complaints they have received. The reports have got worse and worse as the season has gone on, but to be fair others think its ok.

Ive posted before about the write up in the brochure which is wrong, and I stated that in my complaint, I'm surely not the only one who has complained and got money back, but seem to be the only one being vocal about it.

:wave
after speaking to first choice today they have advised us that they
have contacted their site office in feurteventura and that there are no problems at this resort and have had no complaints in the last ten days. if you check other sites i find this hard to believe.
we were told yesterday that we could rebook our premier seating at a cost of £100 pound per person, why we could'nt keep them anyway idon't know. today we are told by customer services we could have them back for£11 per person. this made the girl in our local fc office feel really bad. yes i have written to fc about losing the compensation and the complaints about the club caleta dorada plus copies of reviews and would they go with their families if they read all this.
In addition to our reviews of Club Caleta Dorada which are mentioned above, we also have a very detailed 32 page discussion thread about this complex ... please click here.

David :wave
You might be focussing on the wrong issue here.

The ORIGINAL problem was caused by FC (or the builders of the Kefalonia Beach Club). FC then offered you the option to change to an alternate hotel.
You selected the Club Caleta Dorada. FC also offered compensation (you don't say how much) and a low-cost upgrade to Premium Seating (£10 each cost).
You accepted.

You now wish to move again. I suspect FC are well within their rights to charge you an admin. fee for this second move as it is at your request. I think they are being churlish in their attempt to withdraw the compensation they offered as, presumably, that was offered without conditions. Likewise, you paid £10 for the seat upgrade and that was agreed by you and FC - that's a "done deal" and your subsequent request to change accommodation should have no bearing upon that deal.

You have a decision to make. You can demand that FC honour their earlier offer of compensation - this to be applied to the package you are still booking with them. You could also argue they should honour the seating upgrade.

But, they may refuse to then change your accommodation. In that instance you either cancel and fight for a complete refund on the basis that the original accomm. booked is not available and the offer of alternate accomm. is not acceptable. Under the Travel and Tour Regs. 1992 they are obliged to refund you in this circumstance and possibly still compensate you (probably depends upon time prior to departure that you are informed of change).

You can accept the badly reviewed hotel of course but is the risk worth it. Might be easier to change and fight for the originally offered compensation plus either the seat upgrade of the £10 refund if they will not still honour that pledge.

Finally, don't book with FC again.
Whilst I can understand your concerns on this it does have to be looked at from another viewpoint.

People go on holiday and are not happy. They go onto sites such as HT and write a review that may be quite scathing.

But do these people complain to the TO or do they vote with their money? In other words they do not book with that TO again?

I often see the comment from people that they will never use that TO again. If you do not complain to the TO then as far as they are concerned ( quite rightly ) there is nothing wrong.

Last year I read a review about the hotel we had booked and it gave me cause for concern. I contacted the TO having read it and brought it to their attention. When we got there there was no problem and I do know that the TO contacted the hotel about my concern.

fwh
we did'nt pay any admin fees to change again but have now been told we can rebook premier seating for £11 per person although we did'nt get the £60 back that we had already paid for on the old booking. we were also given the letter yesterday regarding the 4 bars and not 7 being available and could change our booking which meant that we could have kept our compensation anyway. fc are now willing to give us back £300 after an hour long phonecall.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.