Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi there is no need to worry you certainly wont be split into separate rooms. Think how many couples must go on holiday to Tunisia and ive never heard of them being split.
They wouldnt be selling the holidays to you if this was the case.
I think what the rumour is that youve heard is some of the Tunisian men have english girlfriends fly out to them and this is frowned upon at some hotels because of there muslim beliefs. BUT even then they are not split up this i know because i booked for myself and a male tunisan friend to stay at kinza hotel in hamamet. I paid for us both here with med hotels and then Amir gave me the money back when i arrived at monister and he met me. We wasnt frowned upon and they were very friendly with myself and Amir...... Apparantly you cant just turn up and book a hotel whilst your there if the man is Tunisian.

You both being from England and paid in full here will be perfectly fine.
Dont worry its a nice place i have been many times to port el kantaoui and once hammamet and have made about 30 male and female friends who stay in touch oce im back home as its such a friendly place.
Relax have fun :D
Technically it's illegal for a unmarried couple to take a hotel room together, although this is not enforced for visitors. Tunisian couples need to show ID cards to rent a room. As a tourist you have nothing to worry about. The Tunisians are very tolerant generally. There are hotels which will turn a blind eye for Tunisian/European couples. Carriejayne's approach is a good one for those of you with Tunisian boyfriends. I would choose a resort away from his home area though (hypothetical for me these days, shooma).
Great, thanks so much for the info, can get on with looking forward to my hol now!
we went to tunisia last summer with our friends, their oldest daughter went with her boyfriend and they had their own room so its not a problem

sharon
went with my girlfriend last year - no problems
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.