General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The only person that can change anything on a booking is the lead name. If he isn't going to go I would not say anything to Thomas Cook. The hotel are unlikely to make any charge. It would be the Thomas Cooks that would do it. I presume the airline will just treat him as a no-show.

I'm sure someone else will be able to offer more advice and correct mine if I am wrong.
he can cancel the holiday of his own back without consulting the rest of the party!!!!!

so, is the holiday still available?
it is too late to get any refunds for him if he does not go, so unless someone is going in his place, which will involve a fair bit of charges(change fee and difference in price) -if indeed they treat changing the lead passenger as a change and not a cancellation- i would just go without him and only mention at check-in that you are 1 short because he is ill.
there should be no extra charges at the accommodation as it has been paid for, and you are not trying to get an extra person in the room.
hmm .Unless the lead name is going to make trouble by cancelling I wouldnt alert TC in any way . As others have said just turn up and say one passenger is ill and wont be coming .

Who has the tickets though ????
jimd-f
Good point. They won't do a name change so close to the holiday date. It would be treated as a cancellation with full fees.
Tickets are not a problem they are in a safe with travel money and documents etc.

Looks like they just go and hope he doesnt call TC to cancel
Hi Mark
What Thursday 27th were/are you going ?It is just you first posted this back in August and I thought you were going away soon but from your recent post am I correct in saying you have still to go then?If so I take it the circumstances are still the same.
Sorry for the confusion but I bumped this 2010 post for testing purposes.

MarkJ
Oh ok Mark(the mod) It was just that the date of Mark1973 last post was dated todays date :think oh well i always was easily confused. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.