America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Can you pay for excursions on a credit card?

If you are buying breakfasts in hotels expect to be paying between $15 and $20 each depending what you have. If you walk about outside and find a diner you could pay less (or get more for the same money). If you want really cheap then Subway often will do an egg muffin and a cup of coffee 2 for $5.
Evening meals is entirely up to you. US prices are usually a fair bit cheaper than UK prices but don't forget that you need to add a 20% tip to whatever you pay.

Do a bit of online research in the towns where you are stopping. Brannigans is a brand that offer a good choice of food for reasonable price. If the town has a Bar Louis then I can recommend them.
Welcome to the forum, We did the same trip with Archers but 4 years ago, I don't know how there prices have risen since then but a hotel buffet breakfast was 9.99 dollars then but a large bowl of melon was 3 dollars, evening meals were all over the place for pricing from about 8/9 dollars for steak and salad to 15 dollar buffet in Las Vegas. a coffee in the services was about 1 dollar. We landed up in Las Vegas having breakfast at McDonalds as we had eaten to much for two weeks and it was lovely to sit outside in the shade ( before it reached 108f in June) and have a coffee and muffin for 3 dollars. Overall very reasonable and a great trip to look forward to. If you are in Cody when the rodeo is on go, I never stopped smiling all night and then came back and ate at Grannys and had the old time sheriff sat next to us
Thanks for the tips, we are really looking forward to it..the rodeo is a must for me. Only downside with Archers is that no excursions can be booked in advance so I'm working on last years prices from the company and then we pay when we're there!
Any more tips gratefully received
When we went we were given the trip price list on the first day on the coach and had to book the first two that evening and the rest a bit later. I will have a think about tips and come back
Katwoo, Hi, I have been having a think and just a few tips . Enjoy Denver, to us it was a great bonus on the first proper day there, we enjoyed !6th street it is full of cafes restaurants etc and alot to do and good holiday atmosphere, there is a free bus from one end to the other, at one end is the State Capital building that was free and interesting to visit and if you go do join the tour to the top of the dome, wonderful views. At the grand Canyon do take a small torch if you are around in the evening,there is no lighting at all, we were very glad of my keyring torch that four of us made our way home by. We had a great evening watching the sun go down at Hopi Point,this was on a recommendation that was good. When the sun had gone we court the bus back to the village but it got dark very quickly, hence the touch. We were told to drink alot of water and this was good advise, it was cheap or free untill Las Vegas and then the price rocketed but we found a general store and bought twelve bottles and this was much better, and it all went at 108f. We had the two day extension in Vegas and had one evening at Freemont street, lovely different evening. If you went by bus we were told to stay on until the bus station and not get of when the driver shouts Freemont st it is only a short walk back but catch the bus from there to go back as it is like a football crowd trying to get on at Freemont st and you will be sat there comfortable instead of standing. I hope odd bits of this may be of some help but remember it was 4 years ago we went. The only trip extra we did were the Covered wagon BBQ and show that was 43$ at Jackson, lots of them were water trips and not our thing. Remember they do like tips, 10/20% is usual but we found the service so much better than GB that it made it easier to pay it, Really nice people so look forward to it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.