Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Phew - glad thats sorted :)
You will have a wonderful time, it really is a lovely country to visit and Im sure you will be fine. The risk of all contracting anything nasty is pretty minimal in resort although the further south you go I would assume the greater the risk - just remember bottled water :)
Cheers Suki!

To be honest, we're just after a very relaxed week - lazing on the beach and walking down to the Port so will pretty much be around the hotel and resort.

I've been warned about the water but again, i suppose thats pretty obvious - don't have ice, drink the water etc etc

Getting all giddy and already started winding down at work! 8)
Our last trip to Tunisia was around this time last year, and IIRC, we were recommended to have Hep A, Polio, Diptheria and Tetanus jabs.

Although a single Hep A vaccine lasts for 12 months, I was told that if you have a top-up jab between 6-12 months after the first one, it extends the protection to 10 years.
i am looking at going on honeymoon to tunisia in june next year and we were wondering if we would need any vaccinations.
Yes we did,we had to have hep A, typhoid and be up to date with our tetanus, diptheria and polio jabs. Due to the poor water and hygiene, although everything seemed clean and hotels spotless it's better to be safe than sorry. If you ask your doctor for advise he may tell you it all depends on what part of Tunisia you're staying in, but I would personally advise it, as they are free of charge and at least you're covered just in case :!:
I've done a check with my doctors and you are meant to have needles ive noticed on this chat forum some people say you dont but i suggest to people to check up with their doctors as i didnt think i did but i do.

8)
Can you be a bit more specific ? needles?
If its vaccinations you are talking about,i have been to Tunisia many times now and never once had one.There are no compulsory vaccinations needed for Tunisia.
We were in pek last year for 2 weeks and never needed any injections.
we never had them either when we went to sousse last year.
Hepetitis A,Diphtheria,Teranus and Polio are recommended but not required, I keep upto date on all of mine rather be safe than sorry and perpared incase I go somewhere on a whim that I need them for.
It's your choice and some people do recommend them, but I've gone out there twice a year for the past six years and have never had innoculations. The only 'needles' I have are ones for sewing on loose buttons etc. :lol:
luckybunny explains which ones you are recommended to have they are the ones im having.

like bunny says better to be safe then sorry.

but everyone takes their own decisions.

Duffnufc
i am going to skanes in october and dont know whn i should get my vaccinations. i know i need to have hep a and typhoid but dont know if i can get them now or if i have to wait until nearer the time. my son has to have his in 2 doses as he is only 3 so surely we can have them sooner rather tahn later. i just dont want him/us to have therm 2 weeks before and then be ill from them. anyone know? :D
I should ask your doctor, soon, when I told mine I was going he told me I'd left it too late.
Can't remember time scales now though, been twice and not had any. But then I'm old so it doesn't matter.
phoned the travel nurse at my docs and got it sorted for friday aaggggggghhhhhhhh. i hate needles lol. apparently they last 10 years so it doesnt matter when we have them.
ps 46 isnt old lol. :lol:
had vaccinations today (hep a and typhoid) and hated every second of it lol (all 5 of them) apparently children are less succeptible to illnesses so he only had the typhoid. and how brave he was. he is only 3 and never even flinched bless him. i feel embarressed now lol
Hi

I have been 6 times with friends and have had no injections at all.

Daveyboy 8)
Beat you there Dave. I've been twice a year for the past 5 years and never had jabs. I've never had as much as a gippy tummy either, despite having enjoyed many meals in Tunisian homes. It is a matter of personal choice however and if people feel more confident having the suggested innoculations they should get them done.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.