Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Vaccinations??
14 Posts
Hi, there was a fairly recent thread on this subject here>>>>

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=108999&p=1261129&hilit=vaccinations+goa#p1261129

Do check it out with your GP surgery for the most up-to-date advice on jabs and malaria medication :)
And you dont pay for the injections at my surgery . Thats the normal injections that you need .
Hi, i have just booked an appointment with the nurse at my surgery, as they need to check which ones we need.

You shouldnt have to pay for any of the vaccines, but if you want the Rabies jab, then that costs.

Can anyone tell me what jab protects against bugs in the water? I dont mean the tap water in India, i mean general open water.

thanks
I think it's the Typhoid injection.

john
Can anyone tell me what jab protects against bugs in the water?

I don't think there is a 'catch all' for that.

FYI - GIARDIASIS (GIARDIA INFECTION)

http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles/giardia.html

Worth reading from here - Avoid water that might be contaminated.

There's a lot of this going about India
Thanks again B N.. I didnt actually mean FYI - GIARDIASIS (GIARDIA INFECTION, its a well known holiday jab which protects against bugs found in contaminated water. I'll let you know when i have found it.
I have found out off traveldoctor.info

Recommended vaccines for stays shorter than 1month:

Diphtheria (current vaccine should be less than 10 years old, otherwise a booster is needed)
Hep A (this protects for up to 20 years) consists of 2 seperate jabs 12 months apart)
Tetanus
Yellow fever (although i am not sure about this one, i havent had this jab!!!!)

and malaria tablets.

Big Neil - I think i may have meant Hep A, as this is spread through food and water.
No probs. Just watch out for those non-chlorinated swimming pools.
Good point there, i wouldnt like to think what sort of bugs are in pools :yikes
its a well known holiday jab which protects against bugs found in contaminated water. I'll let you know when i have found it.

That's Hepatitus A - not only found in contaminated water but also on contaminated food (dirty hands).
An absolute essential to protect against in Goa. :tup
Thanks, the nurse has just phoned me saying they are very busy, so i have an appointment for early Dec.
Definitely worth having Hep A - I think I have had both Hep A and B, you are covered for quite a long time!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.