Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Valencia
6 Posts
I went to valencia last summer for a day, well worth a visit, there is one particular store, El Corte Ingles , which is a large department store, that you could easily spend the whole day in, and there are many other big name stores. If your not a shopper, there are many sights to see, and some great buildings, there is also a massive park, that runs right through the city, it used to be a river, but the river dried up, and they made it into a huge park.
Would like to visit Valencia ourselves.Anybody have any clues on how to get to there from Benidorm (by public transport) ?
Thanks
Hi,
The bus service operates, from memory, from the Avenida Europa. Obviously you will need to book your seats from the ticket office. It is quite a lengthy journey from Benidorm. I think it took us about 1 hour 50 mins, or even more. If you go via PT you must also reserve your seats for the return journey. I would also think that there are lots of stops in between. We decided to go on the trip organized by the hotel reps, which was much more expensive. Saying that, our courier who was Spanish was the funniest man we'd ever heard since visiting Spain. He had the coach's passengers in stitches all the way there and back. Honestly, he was side-splitting. The extra cost was well worth it.

Valencia, we did'nt think was that special. Our two daughters went there for a hens -weekend a month ago. They enjoyed their hotel but thought Valencia would be more exciting than they found it to be. Also don't forget that English is not as widely spoken in Valencia as it is in Benidorm. They had problems with the menu and the staff could'nt help them as nobody spoke English.

If you are going to go shopping then Cortes de English is a large complex, but probably more expensive for many items than here. You can visit the LLadro factory shop, which is on the outskirts of the city and from where you can purchase Lladro and Nao figures far cheaper than here and cheaper than in their own local shops.

Don't let me put you off your visit, it's not a bad city. Huge cathedral in the centre, and nearby a covered market that sells only produce. I've never been into such a huge market that sold fresh food. Just wish we had something like it over here.

According to my daughters, the nightlife is far more reserved than Benidorm or here in the UK, but then so is anywhere. :lol:
Give it a try- you only live once.
Thanks Mr Magoo!
The only problem with that is that we are travelling independently and won't have a "rep" around to sell us trips. We usually try to get out and about on trains, buses etc. Will investigate the bus service.
Thanks again for your reply.
Kim
We have a sticky topic on Valencia in our City Breaks forum HERE

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.