Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
There were plenty of people in Golden Sands offering excursions to Nessebar for the day if you fancy going.......I cant remember how much they cost but I think like most things in Bulgaria it was quite reasonable.....pat
Hi Marianne,

There is a bus service between Varna & Sunny Beach (via the E87 main coastal road), you could then easily catch a bus/taxi to Nesebar.

The distance is about 96/97 kilometres & the Varna-Sunny Beach leg takes about 1.5 hours, so it's feasible but depends on frequency of buses and the time of the last bus back to Varna.

See TonyT's post in THIS THREAD re: bus from Albena to Sunny Beach.

Baldur
Good Morning Baldur, For your convenience that trip to Sunny Beach leaves from Dobrich 8.30 return time at Dobrich 20.45. Tonyt
Good morning Tony,

Thanks for the information I'm sure that it will be useful for many posters.

On a personal level, you couldn't pay me enough to induce me go to Слънчев бряг - it's far too overdeveloped for my taste. :wink:

Regards,

Baldur
Went once in 1990 on a day trip - didn't like it then.

Peter
I think that you have misunderstood me, sorry.

On this map: http://www.map-guide.bg/more_bulgaria.htm there is a dotted line over the sea between varna and nessebar indicating a "sea road" according to the map legend on the right. It was this I was wondering about, whether it is for people or cargo, how long it takes etc.

It sounds reallly appealing because my boyfriend and I love journeys by sea...

Maz
Hi Maz,

Ah! you mean a shipping lane.

There was in 2005, reportedly, a boat named "Shipka" which left Varna at 09:00 (Tuesdays only) arriving in Nesebar at 13:00. The return left Nesebar at 17:00 and arrived in Varna at 19:00, so you basically get just 4 hours in Nesebar.

The 2005 fares were quoted as: Single - 12 Euro, Return - 20 Euro; tickets available on board or from Varna Passenger Port.

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.