Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Am so jealous Brian, you'll have a brill time in lovely Malta & am sure the weather will be better this time :tup
forecast is certainly looking good for most of the week threat of rain Thursday.. i may get as wet on the outside as on the inside :rofl
Have a great time Brian, you will enjoy the Aviation Museum if you go :fly
Hope you and your wife have great holiday Brian :fly

Doe :sun2
HI ALL
tried to log in through 4 diffrent wireless networks, alll i get is ""sorry you are banned by ISP""

i have now found another network using my hi-gain usb modem and this one works...

weather is great, hotel better than last time [even a hot tub on the balcony]

been across the road to a local bar for a few bevies..rest now till dinner......

oh it's a hard life

wiz
Hi all another smashing day here, we were sopose to go on our trip today, but due to miss information we faild to get the coach [told wrong pick up point] not too much hastle we are now going friday at no extra cost,

wiz

edit.. forgot to say we walked down to bugiba squar insrtead to get the gifties and have a bevie whilst people watching
just out to the air musium for me and the craft village for jean [due to circomstances you are aware of thats our limit]
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
just out to the air musium for me and the craft village for jean [due to circomstances you are aware of thats our limit]

I remember the craft village, think hubbie is still using the wallet he bought there !

Enjoy yourselves

Think we called in there too (more than likely if we were on a trip as it's probably the 'carpet factory' of Malta ;) ) Is that where you can see the glass blowers?
Is that where you can see the glass blowers?

Yes that is where the glass blowers and other crafts such as Filigree are made, I go for the Aviation Museum http://maltaviationmuseum.com/

There is also a Vineyard & Winery located there that you can go on a guided tour of, Meridiana Wine Estate :cheers
The National Stadium is also located there perhaps not just as impressive as Camp Nou in Barcelona :D http://www.mfa.com.mt/en/mfa-facilities/facilities/1/the-national-stadium.htm
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Think we called in there too (more than likely if we were on a trip as it's probably the 'carpet factory' of Malta ;) ) Is that where you can see the glass blowers?

LOL we didn't have the excuse of being whisked away there as part of a trip,Glynis :rofl we went voluntarily as we had hired a car for the week and wanted to mooch about inland.

Are there still a lot of timeshare people on Bugibba Square Brian they really annoyed us when we were there
are the majority of the islanders cathlic ......... of corse there are
The touts have to have their Timeshare ID visibly displayed otherwise they can be fined.... Just look out for a white rectangular laminated card (about 3.5" by 2.5") usually clipped to their t-shirt or hung around their neck.

When we tell them we live in Cyprus and not UK they're usually happy enough to leave us alone. But, if they're near to the end of the month and need to hit they're bonus target they have often asked if would just go in and tell them we live in UK and go along with it until the book with all the accommodations and destinations are produced. At that state, they will get paid for our visit.

They also pay us in advance of going into the timeshare meeting - that can be 50 EUR or sometimes even 80 EUR, depending which timeshare unit they want you to visit.

So, if you're at a loose end or the weather is a bit iffy.....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.