Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Garden City
4 Posts
Yes there are new owners at the pool bar there, they are the ones who owned (and perhaps still do also) Taylors Lounge on the El Mirador strip in Los Cris, a very successful bar, due mainly I think because of the owners, they are really pleasant and make a point of speaking to everyone and making them feel welcome.
Dont know whether there is entertainment on now or not, we passed Garden City the other day and the bar looks much improved already - more tables outside, set out nicely, some alterations done inside the bar, seem to have more tv screens around the place and improved menu.
Sure it will do a lot better now, it was getting to be a bit run down.
We are now back from our trip to Tenerife, we went to the bar at Garden City @ 10.30pm on our night of arrival to find 2 people sat outside, all the tables and chairs packed away and the staff waiting to close up!!!. We tried the food there during the day and have to say it was very nice. We went to watch England in euro 2012 and it was quite busy, we felt a bit harrassed by the staff to purchase more drinks. When the game looked to be going to extra time the young girls working there were complaining they would have to stay open longer, god did they complain when it went to penalties, the tv's were taken down as soon as the game was over. There is still no entertainment in the bar yet and I have to say that I don't think we will use it again even if they do decide to have entertainment.
Shame to hear that - wonder if the owner was around on the nights the staff were complaining? - he's usually pretty much on the ball when it comes to customer service
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.