Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Prawn, I see the latest review of that particular hotel on here was in July 2012 and it looks good. I've stayed at several of the other Marhaba hotels in Sousse over the years and they've been fine.

Have you ever been to Port El Kantaoui before, or indeed to Tunisia? If not, and you want any general advice, please don't hesitate to ask. I nearly always stay in Sousse, just down the road from PEK, so know the area reasonably well, as do many other regular contributors on HT. Incidentally I'll be back in Sousse myself at the beginning of May all being well.
Hi, Aslemma - we were in Yasmine 2 years ago and 'Sir' wanted to go back to Tunisia so I thought we should try a different resort just to compare.

I have read reports on TA but just wondered if anyone on here had been this year.

Was also considering Mahdia!

;)
I was in Sousse in April Prawn and I think you may find PEK somewhat similar to Yasmine Hammamet, in that they are both relatively new and specifically designed with the tourist in mind, so plenty of decent hotels though nothing in the way of history.

The area round the Marina is a great place to sit and people watch, as is the area round the musical fountain, both with plenty of cafes. The train, metro, bus and louage stations are all in Sousse so it is easy to explore independently to places such as Mahdia, Tunis and Sidi Bou Said.
Thank you, Aslemma! I will ask more questions when we finally decide! :cheers
I would agree with Aslemma PEK is a lovely wee resort, fantastic beaches and a good choice of facilities. The main area is split in to 2, the area up by the fountains which is lovely particularly in the evening when the fountains are lit up and working to music, there are a good choice of small shops and restaurants a round that area.
The other main area is the marina which again is really nice with restaurants and shops, there are also several excursions available by boat there. PEK we found to be very clean and well kept.

We found PEK to be easy going with several fixed price shops / supermarkets and other shops that you can have a haggle, there wasn't much pressure and everything was good natured.

There is easy access to Suisse on either the small road train, a Tuk Tuk taxi, bus or taxi.
I'd be shot if I mentioned boat excursions from PEK Graham as I know many of the people who run them from Sousse so I can't be seen to be recommending the opposition. :rofl
I'd be shot if I mentioned boat excursions from PEK Graham as I know many of the people who run them from Sousse so I can't be seen to be recommending the opposition.

Aaaarrrr that's sound like there be mutiny on this board me hartys :D
You know me and Tunisian boats Graham, or at least one boat. :roll: I must say though the surgeon did some excellent embroidery on my foot and the scar is very neat.
That sounded ominous, Aslemma! Have to say that I am not the best sailor in the world so tend to avoid boats! ;)
Not really Prawn but some will remember that a few years ago I tripped getting on to one of the pirate boats and sliced my foot open on a metal plate on the deck, leading to a few days in Clinic Essalem in Sousse, a less than perfect holiday and a nice bill for my insurance company. :roll:
I personally think you were made to walk the plank Aslemma :rofl
I seem to remember the discussions on here even though it was before my first visit to Tunisia!

Torn between PEK and Mahdia! Any info. much appreciated! :)
Jenny, another HT member, spends six months in Mahdia every winter, but I've only visited once for the day. I think you may find there is rather more to do in PEK and being just down the road from Sousse certainly gives you other options.

I'm actually beginning to wonder whether rather than going back to Sousse next May I should go up to Scotland instead and give a certain Scottish Moderator a good slap for constantly casting aspersions on my character and behaviour. :haha
I have been in RIU imperial Marhaba 3 weeks last november.

See my review and pictures at Tripadvisor , Wia Vugts: " the best hotel in Port el Kantaoui".
See my review and pictures at Tripadvisor , Wia Vugts: " the best hotel in Port el Kantaoui".

:think If it had been added to HT's OWN review secton as well it could have been linked directly to the review http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/imperial-marhaba-hotel/
Hi Pittie and welcome from the UK to the Netherlands. We've missed one another the last few trips.
Thank you, Pittie -I did read your report on TA.

Just on here you can ask specifics and get more general information.

:cheers
I've just been looking at your pictures Pittie and the selection of food looks fantastic. You always were an excellent photographer. Incidentally I didn't realise you were living in Belgium now. :lol:
I already live in Belgium since more than 3,5 years.

If there are any questions about RIU Imperial Marhaba, please ask !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.