Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
If I remember correctly rosie it's 200 ciggies and 1 litre of spirits :wink:

Regards,

TIMUK.
I'm sure the alcohol limit is 2 litres, I am always bringing two litres back with me. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
what about specific packets of tobacco, you know like the 2 ounce packets how many of them can you get?
we brought 800 cigs back no one even there to question it!!
Hiya! i'm going to tunisia skanes for the first time on the 23rd of january with a friend and i was wondering if it was still only 200 ciggies you could bring back each...as ive heard that you can bring more back now...and how much tobacco can you bring back???????? if anyone knows please help as im getting confused

thanx, danielle

edit to remove phone style text briar
Can anyone let me know what the duty free is like pricewise for Tunisia. I don't smoke but a few of my friends have asked me to bring back ciggys for them.Can you let me know where the best place is to get them and what your allowances are.
Thanx

tigerlilly
As Tunisia ia not an EEC country the old dutyfree allowances apply. That is 200 cigarettes. If you want english brands it is probably simpler to buy them dutyfree at Monsatir Airport. They have most of the major brands but dont have much choice if you want a Light version. Or you could preorder them on the flight out for your return journey. While you can find english and american brands on sale in Tunisia - beware - many of these are fakes.

:idea: As a nonsmoker you should think about taking 200 with you anyway. £12.00 for 200 at english airports. Most Tunisians smoke and english cigarettes are seen as a bit of a status symbol. Your waiter, taxidriver or anyone who does you a service will appreciate a packet of english cigarettes as a tip or small present. At dutyfree prices they make a cheap tip without looking cheap, if you follow me. Those you dont give away can always come home for your pals.

Hope this helps Dorra

Ps You can also get good trade deals for a bottle of whisky. Johnny Walker Black Label is the preferred brand.
Thanx for the info dorra, I will certainly think about getting ciggys on the way out by means of a tip, thats a good idea.Any more tips and ideas welcome cheers :)
How much Drink are you allowed to bring into and out of Tunisia.
I think it's two litres, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
It's one litre of spirits per person.

luci :wave
Just to let anybody who is buying ciggies to get them on the plane on the way out as they are cheaper than in the airport duty free. I got some in the airport pack of 200 and they cost £22 but on the plane they were 400 for £20 hope this helps all you smokers out there. They are also handy for tipping any of the locals, cheers
thanx for that info, will pass it on to my hubby :D
I always buy Royals in Tunisia as they are very similar to SuperKings - same length, similar gold and red pack and taste. They also do the menthol ones. They are about TDN 2.700 (about £1.25) for a packet of 20 Buy at kioks or shops - be wary of traders on the beach etc. selling cigs as they are often not genuine and can be simply awful. :roll:
Is there a restriction as to how many cigarettes you can take IN to Tunisia?
Yes there is. I think it is only 200 but any of the travel websites should have this info.
How come then, they are selling packs of 400 on planes coming from the UK :? Are you sure I can only take 200 in? I have looked on airline website, but can't seem to find the info!!!!!!
Madsue - I said I think. But I've checked and here you are. I got this from a site called traveldocs.com.

CUSTOMS & DUTY FREE ALLOWANCES AND RESTRICTIONS
Tobacco...................400 cigarettes or 100 cigars or 500g of tobacco
Liquor......................1 litre of spirits or 2 litres of alcoholic beverage
Perfume...................250ml of perfume; 1 litre of eau de toilette
Gifts.........................Duty free allowance up to td100
Cameras..................1 still camera
Currency..................Import/export of local currency prohibited
Agriculture items.....Refer to Consulate
  • Edited by dorra 2005-03-29 16:07:40
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.