Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The big supermarkets are best for fags, But they dont sell Golden virginia, Buy that on the plane or at Dalaman airport on Arrival, Smokes in Icmeler cost around 3.5 lira about £1.50 a packet, Note do not under any circumstances buy any hand rolling tobacco from the Market or anyone who offers you them on the street as they are very poor quality fakes.
Can you buy Hamlet cigars in Icmeler, if so what price please??

J.
i bought my son some golden virginia at the airport, although i wasnt happy about buying him some but thats another story grr, but i paid 4.50 euro per pack, worked out the same for 1 pack separately or a carton of 5 per pack, which i was surprised at , he said these packs are around £11 each here, so that will give you an idea of the size of them
ellie_meg wrote:
i bought my son some golden virginia at the airport, although i wasnt happy about buying him some but thats another story grr, but i paid 4.50 euro per pack, worked out the same for 1 pack separately or a carton of 5 per pack, which i was surprised at , he said these packs are around £11 each here, so that will give you an idea of the size of them

4.50 Euro = £3.88 for 50 grams, Cost price here in the Uk is actually £11.77 which saves you £7.88 per 50 gram pouch, Guess you must be surprised at the amount you saved for your son then? :wave:
can you pay in sterling at dalaman airport
yes i did save him a lot but dont agree with him smoking :( , so wasnt very happy buying them :duh , we are going to turkey in a weeks time and not even going to offer to buy him any, just hope he doesnt ask :que . all the prices were in euros but you could pay in sterling
Just wondered where you think is cheapest to buy cigarettes - at Glasgow duty free, onboard aircraft or at Dalaman on arrival?
I brought back ciggies for a friend, at Bodrum airport it was £21 for 200 & on Thomas Cook flight it was £25 for 200 but the airline were doing 400 for £37 so bought those........ ;)
Def buy on the plane. £45 for 400 L&B at Glasgow Duty Free, £38 on the plane. 44 euros at Dalaman.
hi everyone can anyone give me some advice as regards to cigars on sale at Dalaman Duty Free Shop. Do they sell them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.