Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi
I guess it depends on what you like to do
We were there in July ? aug (returning in Aug this year) it was so hot we really didn,t do a huge amount but there is plenty to chose from
we enjoyed the Jeep Safari and will do again,this is the only organised trip we did , We also had a great time in the ghost vilage of kaya Koy, lagoon and bobs beach. Fethiye market ,Patara beach etc. There are trips to the mud baths at Dalyan which we will probably try this year , diving, micro lighting , parascending etc etc
never been to the same place twice before but loved it
Lally
Olu Deniz was a beautiful place, fanstastic views. If you are looking for a quiet holiday - Olu Deniz is the place for you. However if you are looking for lazy days in the sun and fun at night, the first is almost guaranteed but the fun is not. We found the nights very dull. Altough the Turkish are very friendy if you are 3 girls on your own it can be quite intimidating to be constantly harrassed by the locals!! We also found the food wasn't as good as I had of hoped, altougth the service was excellent.
Cailtin; have you heard about HISARONU when you were in OLUDENIZ..
in HISARONU there are lots of BARS, CLUBS, RESTAURANTS, SHOPS..
and only 10minutes from OLUDENIZ :wink:
Olu Deniz is fantastic, IMPO much better than Marmaris and Icelemer. Yes there is not a vast amount of bars but there is enough. As Antique 28 stated Hisanarou is only 10 mins away. Catch a domus up the mountain and your'e there. Ample shops, bars and restaurants.
The beauty of Olu Deniz compared to Hisanarou is the air, because your'e at the bottom of the mountain the cool air comes off the sea, where up the mountain the air can become quite stifling.
The lagoon at Oul Deniz is fantastic, the surrounding scenery is beautiful.
My husband and son participated with the paragliding off Babadag mountain.
Will definately return :D
I read on another internet page that the White Dolphin doesn't open till 1 June, is this true!? :( !?

We had a nice meal there last June :D & will be in Olu on 4 May for two weeks & was planning to return.

Can anyone shed any light on this?? :?:

Thanks
Kim
oludeniz webcam is now set up .go to http://www.oludenizbeach.com and click on the sister site oludeniz tv and live webcam and you have a live feed from of the beach. hope it gets you in the mood for your hols. its got me thinking of lying on the the beach and swimming in that beautiful blue sea. were going this august and can't wait to see all the lovely people and places again.
you can also get it from http://www.buzzbeachbar.com you may find you will have to make a small axis download but is worth a look
that is true it ussually opens in june but you never know anything is possible in turkey :lol:
Thank you Maverick :D

Kim
Can anyone tell me any good bars/restaurants to go to in Olu Deniz?

Me and my fiance have been to Hisaronu but never really ventured down to Olu Deniz, we are staying there this year.

We love bars etc. . . but not really the type of people to go clubbing. Maybe I'm old before my time! :? Haha!

Any help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks
Zoe :D
i went to hisaronu a couple of years ago going back this june, i went into olu deniz didnt find it as good as hisaronu for night time eg bars but there are some good restaurents
We went on holiday to Olu Deniz last September, its the loveliest place! The people are lovely the beach is absolutely gorgeous! Its well worth taking a walk down to the blue lagoon its amazing. We stayed at The Marcan Beach Hotel right on the main road, its a lovely small hotel with only 36 rooms. Really clean and the staff can't do enough for you. The Tequila bar is great for cocktails, Help bar right on the sea front great for a snack and Cherry Chow restaurant which id the restaurant at marcan beach is amazing! I recomend going on a boat trip and the jeep safari, really great fun days out that are well worth the money. One word of advice, if you come across an excursion company called Metropolis i think it was ran by 'bloody gorgeous' stay well clear he's a rip off and full of s**t! One last thing to add, i'm so jeolous of any one going there this year its the most amazing place and i'm definately planning to return in the very near future.
Tequila Bar eh?!? Sounds like my type of bar! haha!
Thanks for the info!

Would you say Hisaronu has better nightlife?

Thanks
Zoe
Hi there, yes Hisaranou is definately more lively and has lots of bars, to be honest we only went up there a couple of evenings and only stayed for dinner, but 1 evening we went to a bar, i can't remember what its called now but the bar men were dressed up in stripey pyjamas and dancing on the bar it was hilarious and they did delicious cocktails!! Mind you Olu is pretty lively until about midnight-1am! Hope this is a help to you.
Cheers Hotpinkdiamond
Do the bars in Olu Deniz have English TV channels? It seems we are going to be away during the Big Brother Final and we don't want to miss it! Also, can you buy English newspapers there? I need my daily fix of gossip!
alot of bars or hotels have sky if you ask nicely they will let you watch it as long as it dos'nt class with any football they are football crazy[/i]
Thanks for the reply :D Anyone know if there's any football matches which are likely to clash with the Big Brother Final in August? :roll: :lol: I suppose I'll just have to set my video and hope for the best... last year there was a power cut at home while we in Tenerife and most of the stuff I'd set my video to record didn't get recorded :( It's bad enough that we get home from Turkey too late for my son to get his GCSE results with everyone else - he's got to have them posted to him :oops: never thought of that when I booked it...
Ah well, Olu Deniz sounds lovely anyway - I'm sure we'll have a great time, with or without Big Brother 8)
Hi Cyperspacekadett

At last, someone else like me who needs newpapers on holiday!!!

But nobody has responded yet, come on regulars, let us girls know that we're not going to have withdrawal symptoms, can we get English scandal rags :lol:

Deb
yes you can get all the most common uk papers or you can get turkish papers in english sunday paper are also avalaible at a cost i think the english paper are a rip off as they are now printed in turkey with the aid of the internet etc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.