Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Hi Dave

Where did you find this out? A friend of mine has only recently booked to go to Costa Rica with First Choice for next Sept.
I heard via another web site. When you check out the F.Choice web site they are not listed for next year there so it looks like it's true.
Dave

PS Anyone know what the weather is like in September. We are thinking of going this September while we still can !!!
are you meaning brazil Dave? We were in Rio in October and had a few cool rainy days so September may also be like that( as winter is the best time to go) Still had enough hot days to keep me happy though :)
I have spoken to a First Choice rep at their local store and she confirmed that Costa Rica is off the brochure next year.However, Brazil is in their Summer 2009 brochure.
Re the weather, thanks Fiona. It appears to be very wet and sunny at the moment in Costa Rica.
Dave
I don't believe we did it but we have booked a two week trip at the end of the month. Who knows what we will find but it might be the last opportunity to get a reasonably priced deal for some time to come with First Choice pulling out.
It's the rainy season. I am curious to find out just how wet that is. At least it will warm rain unlike our rainy season !
Just two weeks in Costa Rica. Brazil will have to wait another year. We got what we think is an excellent value deal even if the price dropped another £30 an hour after we booked ! As we had already booked Goa for three weeks in November the budget will be tight but we got an all inclusive deal ( which I have never tried before) and pre booked aircraft seats for £1370. Must try some local trips though, you can't go all that way and not see anything beyond the hotel !!!
You only live once as they say and if oil goes up to $200 a barrel we might not be making long haul flights in a year or two. :cry
I'll bet you have a brilliant time. Been thinking the same myself re less long haul in the future :(
Well im happy to say we went to Brazil a few weeks back and it was fab :tup
David we are going to Goa for 3 weeks in november what date are you going on ....colleen
Thanks Dave - I'll let my friend know so she can see if her tour will still be going ahead or not.
irishcolleen wrote:
Well im happy to say we went to Brazil a few weeks back and it was fab :tup
David we are going to Goa for 3 weeks in november what date are you going on ....colleen

17/11 ex Manchester. Might make an HT meet, you never know !!!
That would be nice we go on the 20th from G/W maybe see you at one of the meets ..colleen
Can we keep on topic please, ie re Costa Rica/Brazil?

Thanks

luci :wave
You are right Luci it's wandered off my original topic but that has now been cleared up and there isn't much more to add.
Costa Rica is off the First Choice brochure next year, Brazil isn't.

Might as well lock it now !
Nah we try only to lock when things get heated. ;)

Will leave it in case someone else comes along with a similar query.

luci :wave
I'll let you know what happens about my friend's Costa Rica tour. They have also recently had their 2009 trip to Kerala cancelled because First Choice have pulled their Kerala winter programme. She's not having much luck with First Choice this year!
:whoops So sorry I did not mean to have anyone ticked off I was the one who went :offtop .......colleen
Corinne76 wrote:
I'll let you know what happens about my friend's Costa Rica tour. They have also recently had their 2009 trip to Kerala cancelled because First Choice have pulled their Kerala winter programme. She's not having much luck with First Choice this year!

I'm off topic now.. but it's an interesting one. We did the Kerala tour 2 1/2 years ago fantastic. We have since seen a couple of other holidays we fancied being "pulled". This time we took the plunge and grabbed it while we still can.
Currently the Cost Rica trip to the all inclusive Papagayo Allegro is £1271 for 2 people for 2 weeks leaving in a fortnight.
The flight is 11.5 hours.
Flying BA you have to change at Miami. It's a 20 hour journey and costs £1800 for 2 people in economy class.( apparently not as good as FC economy)
The Papagayo Allegro has a September special offer of $80 per person per night which is roughly £1200 or £3000 for the trip.
With so many of these new destination holidays it's a question of grab them while you can as they might not be there for long as is the case with Costa Rica.
We were very, very tempted by an offer to a superb looking hotel in the north east of Brazil earlier in the year. It was only about £850 for 2 people for 2 weeks. As we had only just returned from the Gambia we decided against. That superb looking eco hotel is no longer in their brochure and very liitle choice remains at much increased prices.
This is a pity, I returned from Costa Rica a few weeks back and had a brilliant holiday. One of First Choice's new destinations - I was told this was only the second year they had been to CR. Beautiful country and lovely people. If it is true I am glad I went (Gulf of Papagayo)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.