Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I have'nt found anywhere to have a decent meal in the airport, my view is that the new terminal if anthing is worse than the old one.
Does anyone know of anywhere for a good pub lunch near to the airport ?

We could fill up before we check in :)
as we are today, we meet a man at the airport who takes my car off site (about a mile away) and is waiting for us when we land. Very reasonable & very reliable :D
http://www.xl.com/flightonlydeals/lastminutedeals.asp

Have just booked for £91 plus taxes bringing it up to £131 all in !!

They have other airports too and other destinations also.

we are going on the 8th May for 2 weeks.

hope you find a bargain!

Tina
Does anyone know approx. how long I should leave before check in to allow for parking the car, sorting the paperwork out and getting the bus over to the airport please ?

We'll be parking onsite in the silverzone carpark.

As we haven't pre booked our seats I want to be there early enough to try to get seats together, so I don't want to underestimate how long I need.

Thanks
Does anyone have a promotional code for parking at Bristol? there is a box to put one in so they must be out there somewhere
Carol57,

If you go into the General holidays, hints and tips there is a thread there entitled promotional codes. You might get your answer there.
Thanks for that, I have posted in that thread as well but nothing so far.

I'ts only £29 for the week but if get it any cheaper it's more to spend on my holidays!
We are looking to book some parking in or around Bristol Airport later this month. The companies we usually use work out at about £36 but I have found a quote of £23.50 from bristol holiday airpark. Has anyone used this company as we are not familiar with them?

Thanks
Easy Jet web site are currently offering special deals for car parking at Bristol Airport.

Nivsy
Am flying from bristol on monday night/tuesday morning next week. will be getting to airport at about 3.00am. Does anyone know what, if anything, will be open? ie, shops, subway etc.
Many thanks.
Its ok, just looked at there website to find out.
easyJet cancels Bristol flights over runway concerns

easyJet cancelled all flights to and from Bristol airport this morning citing "concerns over the reliability of the newly resurfaced runway" in wet weather conditions.

The decision was taken following "extensive discussions" with the airport and the Civil Aviation Authority.

"The safety of its passengers, crew and aircraft is easyJet's first priority," the airline said in a statement.

Customers are entitled to a refund of the fare paid or a free transfer on to another easyJet flight within the next month.

The airline said a further update will be provided before midday today, meanwhile passengers are being referred to the http://www.easyjet.com website for information.

With permission from Travelmole
The issue of the resurfaced runway at BRS has been on going for a week or so after an ATR72 from Guernsey slipped off the runway and an EasyJet inbound from AGP (Malaga) shall we say utilised the full length of the runway and the overshoot area.

While the airport authority at BRS were insisting the runway wa fine, it does appear that Easy Jet who ofcourse are the main operator at the airport wish to make their point clearly re the flight cancellations today - well at least this morning. Interesting to see how this develops.

Nivsy
Easyjet not alone, FCA. XL/JN, KM , BA all cancelled and mostly diverted to Cardiff yesterday afternoon - same expected today....................
BBC News are reporting that Thomas Cook are moving pax to Birmingham.
Although i was not aware of any Thomas Cook Airlines flight going from Bristol.
Bristol Airport has now confirmed that the following airlines have cancelled or diverted flights today:

easyJet, BA Connect, XL, Thomsonfly, Thomas Cook, Balkan Airlines, First Choice, Air Malta, SN Brussels

A total of 28 flights are expected to be cancelled today, with 98 flights diverted to other airports.

Anyone due to fly to or from Bristol Airport over the weekend should check with their airline or tour operator to establish the status of their flight.

David :wave
Golden Eye,

I know of a weekly winter charter with TCX to and from Salzburg from BRS.

Nivsy
Some of those diverted Bristol flights are now operating from Cardiff, Birmingham and Gatwick, and it seems that some passengers are mistakenly reporting directly to those airports for check-in.

Passengers must check-in at Bristol Airport first, from where they will be transferred to alternative airports by coach. Check-in facilities will not be available for passengers avoiding Bristol and going straight to those airports.

Some flights are still operating from Bristol and so it is important that passengers verify the status of their flight with the appropriate airline or tour operator. But unless the flight has been cancelled, passengers should still check-in at Bristol Airport.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.