Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
oliday,

It's still showing as a Boeing 757-200 here. The Aurela aircraft (LY-SKR) has been operating the flight since 10th June. It sounds like your flight has been swapped to an A330-200 due to your delay (?). The premium seats are just extra legroom on short / mid haul routes rather than premium seating.

Darren
Good Morning, I am flying from Manchester on 8th July on TCX174K to Cayo Coco, can anybody tell me what inbound flight the aircraft is used on before mine please?
Many Thanks :cheers
bowmanor,

The aircraft normally operates TCX043K/L (Las Vegas) before TCX174K/L.

Darren
I'm flying to Cancun, out of Gatwick, on 12 October (TCX041K) will the aircraft have been on the ground overnight or will it be inbound immediately proir to my flight?
pizzajohn,

The aircraft operating your flight will be operating TCX042K/L (Varadero, Cuba) before yours and is due in at 0700 on the morning of your flight. Long haul aircraft rarely overnight as they're operating flights.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

Our's isn't out until 09:30, so a slight inbound delay shouln't impact our departure. As a matter of interest, what's the turnaround time for these jets?
pizzajohn,

An A332 can be turned in 90 minutes at a push on long haul, but 2 hours is more common.

Darren
It would seem then, that anything more than a 30 minute I/B delay, would, affect the O/B flight.

Nothing more than a matter if interest, would you know the following?

What percentage of TC longhaul flights, depart on time?
What, if any is the average delay?
At which point, if any, of an I/B delay would an alternative aircraft be deployed for the O/B route
And finaly, I assume that the most efficient was to utilise a longhaul jet is with back to back flights. If that is so, how many cycles would a jet operate before being taken out for maintenance?

Thanks again
pizzajohn,

Punctuality statistics are available on FLIGHTONTIME.info. An alternative aircraft would be considered if there's no other option and the delay is going to be extensive. The problem is, there often isn't an alternative aircraft immediately available. Aircraft maintenance is an ongoing process with various phases of aircraft maintenance carried out to a strict schedule. It's a little complicated to go in to here. Aircraft maintenance is built in to airline timetables.

Darren
My brother is due to fly to Cuba from Manchester tomorrow (Manchester to Santa Clara)

Is there still in flight entertainment? And does anyone know which movies are playing?

Many thanks :D DQ xxx
dramaqueen,

IFE is still available on long haul flights and is available to view on Thomas Cooks inflight magazine. You'll just need to register with Ink Publishing to view it.

Darren
I just picked up my tickets to travel on 16th July on TCX081K and return on 81L to Santa Clara. On the front of the booklet under the address page it states 4/SN/16/07 which is 4 flying to Santa Clara on 16/07. It then has G-TCX/C-Cuba/AG-TCX-NOIFE. I keep seeing that you can't say what plane will be on a route until the day before but this certainly looks like plane codes. I am concerned as it is short haul planes and the plane in the ticket book states a A330 354 seats. The booklet also comes with a letter about their service regarding meals, duty free and IFE stating if you are flying long haul IFE will be available. Will this be PSP's and will the be free in Premuim?
Dont worry this code is used on everyones tickets and is just a quick identifier and has no actual meaning outside of the company, its actually wrong in your case because IFE will be available.
Thanks BeeFree, that has made me a happy chappy. At least until the next panic moment!
Hi everyone,

will be travelling to Montego Bay on the 28th December, have never flown with Thomas Cook so would just like to know some details about the premium service. How is the seat, the entertainment, the food and also the check in at Manchester airport.
Any help much appreciated.

Ellie
elliemaybelle,

You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The premium cabin is more spacious per seat than the economy cabin with 35" seat pitch and slightly wider seats (18"). You'll have more selection of films on the seat back IFE and of course complimentory drinks throughout the flights. Overall, it's a nice cabin environment but I still question it's value for money when you're only getting 2" extra seat pitch over the economy cabin. Check-in is from desks 2-12 in Manchesters T1 with 2 being the priority / premium desk. Just head straight to the far left of the check-in area, you'll see it. T1 isn't too bad, although it's more like a shopping centre than an airport these days!

Darren
Thanks for your quick reply Darren, can you tell me if it is a running loop film or the choose and pause (not sure of their proper names)

Thank you
Ellie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.