Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
has anyone been on one? can you get a flight from east mid to newquay?

thanks fizz xx
hi david thanks for that, it looks like it the usual 10 hour drive then :cry:

fizz xx
Hi

Has anyone ever got the bus to/from East Midlands Airport to/from Long Eaton station? Is it fairly straight-forward? And does anyone know how frequent they are? Also do they have enough space for suitcases?

Would appreciate any info!

Thanks.
Please are there any private car parking near to East Midlands Airport? That is the small private like a farm ect.
Gordon.
I don't know what you are looking for, but I have just booked ten days parking for £19.50 with Airparks. Ok that is in February 07 but very very reasonable.
Travel Agent rang us yesterday to advise there may be delays due to the Bike racing that weekend 1st and 2nd of July, so give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport
Just heard on the local radio that East Midlands Airport was closed this morning, not because of a terrorist threat, the weather, or a strike by employers, but because a vicar decided to stage a climate change protest on the runway.......

That beggars the question, how did he get on the runway in the first place.?...surely he would have had to go through security check-points or he has breached a security fence?.

Vicar of Dibley...more like vicar of stupidity :roll:
I think if I had been one of the passengers this morning, having been up since 3 am and could have got my hands on him....then he'd have met his maker quicker than he expected. :twisted:

In the present climate of baggage security and the threat of terrorists blowing planes up, then he would be better off employed preaching the word of God to the extremists who threaten our way of life.....otherwise there will be no climate change to worry about.
He ought to be locked up in either his pulpit or the confession box and the key thrown away.

SanJi x
Edit:
Apparantley, there are 20 protesters with the vicar being one of them to conduct the "Service"
Flights are now being disrupted, but the radio did say that the airport was closed this morning. :roll:
HERE

SanJi x
Does anyone know if everything is back to normal (timewise) at check-in and security or should we still allow more time than usual to get through to departures?
Ryanair have announced today that they are expanding their routes from NEMA.

10 new routes are to be added - Alghero, Bratislava, Granada, Inverness, Knock, Krakow, Milan, Pisa, Santiago and Valencia from February 2007.

Prices start at £1.99

As far as I know everythng is back to normal at NEMA.

I have a contact in security and will quiz him when I next speak to him.

Van :wave
Thanks van, nice to hear from you by the way.
Hi i will fly to egypt on monday and would like know what i can take in handbags makeup choclate am not sure what u can take and canot take
carron .... details of current restrictions can be found in THIS topic, or on the airport's own website .. click here.

David :wave
It's just been reported on the BBC local news that the airport management are considering dropping "Nottingham" from the name of the airport and reverting back to just plain "East Midlands".

In a straw-poll carried out by the BBC amongst a 100 people, 67% said that they agreed with this plan.
The BBC local news has just reported that from midnight tonight the airport is reverting back to the official name of East Midlands Airport.There is also going to be a "secondary name" reflecting the proximity of Leicester, Derby and Nottingham. They did not say what that will be.
East Midlands Airport gets new name - and goes green

Nottingham East Midlands Airport aims to make its site operations carbon neutral by 2012.

It has also changed its name to East Midlands Airport - Nottingham, Leicester, Derby and is to encourage more long haul flights.

The airport will eliminate CO² emissions from its ground operations at the Castle Donington site or where that is not possible, introduce initiatives to offset them elsewhere.

This initiative is part of a Master Plan for the airport, published today following public consultation reinforcing a package of other environmental measures announced earlier in the year.

Of 500 respondents who completed a questionnaire, not one disagreed with the broad premise that the economic and social benefits of growth at the airport outweigh any adverse consequences resulting from the proposed expansion, EMA said.

Managing director Penny Coates said: "We are very aware of our responsibilities to the community and continuously strive to improve our performance in all aspect of our business.

"However, it is equally important that we not only balance them against the needs of our millions of customers, but also that we clearly prioritise those issues which impact large numbers of people and on which we can act and those that are outside our control.

"As a result of everyone's efforts we now believe that we have a very robust, exciting and workable strategy for the future and for delivering growth in a responsible and sustainable way".

Commenting on the new name, she said: "We believe this change is the right commercial decision now, given our clear growth strategy.

"In making any change our objective is to provide a strong platform both for the long term development reflected in the Master Plan; and for the future needs of the travel trade; inbound passengers coming from increasingly far afield; and the local community.

"I am personally delighted that the three cities have proven that they are serious about working together more closely for the greater good of the region and the airport will continue to play a central role in acting as the key gateway to the East Midlands".

East Midlands Tourism chief executive Richard Dicknson said: "Travel and tourism make an important contribution to the region's economic health.

"Our goal is to increase the value of the visitor economy and the ability to attract more visitors from overseas is critical in achieving this. In competing with destinations globally, we need to highlight the range and quality of our tourist attractions and in particular to emphasise that East Midlands Airport is the gateway to the vibrant cities and typically English landscapes of Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Derbyshire".

With permission from Travelmole
Hi i am flying to turkey from east midlands. Can any one tell me if you are allowed to smoke out side east midlands airport as it is a none smokin airport so dose that apply to outside to.Also can you carry lighters in your hand luggage.
dont no to much about east midlands airport ,but i downloaded baggage restrictions for glasgow airport last night and it said no lighters in hand luggage. try searching the b.a.a sites.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.