WIRRAL
Merseyside
CH47 3BH

Telephone: 0151 632 7781

Fax: 0870 705 1670
REFER TRAVEL

tony@travelsanctuary,co.uk

Also trading as: Travel Sanctuary
So does this mean i'm safe.. I know i'm worrying a lot but if I lose £500 I might scream :)
They are ABTA and ATOL like many others. You are protected, but are they safe? Who knows these days.

fwh
Ugh,

All i'm worried about is paying the deposit and never seeing it again. Maybe i'm worrying too much. I've been checking them out for hours and I can't seem to find anything bad about them.

Thanks!
Personally I would just book the holiday - with the deposit paid by credit card.

How safe is any company these days. Well consider Rolls Royce. When they went bust many years ago I knew people, that only a few days before, were celebrating because they had managed to get orders, from what was thought the safest company in the land.

They are both ABTA and ATOL so if things go wrong there is a protection scheme in place. Not much more you can do.

Stop worrying or else you will need two holidays. Although that does sound rather attractive.

fwh
They are not BOTH ABTA and ATOL.
They are ABTA agents ONLY. They are agents for other ATOL bonded tour operators, like Kuoni, Hayes & Jarvis.

Please ask if you are buying a "package Holiday" from and ATOL holder. Otherwise they are selling you components.
They show both ABTA and ATOL logos on their website.

I do stand by what I have already posted. Pay deposit by credit card and go enjoy the holiday. In the current climate no company can be 100% safe so stop worrying.

fwh

fwh
An ATOL holder has to publish (show inside the logo) their ATOL number. When the logo appears on their site with no number, it means they don't hold an ATOL themselves.

This means is this company are ABTA agents only.

Retail agents for ATOL holders' do not hold ATOLs but act as agents of others that do. It is a legal requirement that agents inform customers on which ATOL holders behalf they are accepting your booking before you pay any money to them.

If you're booking through a travel agent (which they are), ask them if your complete holiday is ATOL protected.
Well I have just paid for the deposit so i'm a bit worried now. But she is sending me the booking references, I believe she has found the holidays with other agencies.
I believe she has found the holidays with other agencies.

This is from the cca / ATOL website:
"It is a legal requirement that agents inform customers on which ATOL holders behalf they are accepting your booking before you pay any money to them"

Don't be concerned as you have already paid them - just simply ask them who the ATOL holder is for your 'complete holiday package'. I'm sure they'll tell you.
Wirral agency goes under

Web travel agency Travel Sanctuary Operations has ceased trading.

The Wirral-based agency had a Caribbean, Indian Ocean and US focus and traded under the umbrella of the Exotic Travel Group.

Claims for bookings made prior to September 13, when the firm gave up its ABTA membership, will be dealt with by ABTA's claims department.

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.