General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Chris
26 Posts
I'm using IE8 and am not so lucky.
I'm sure that this is a very recent problem which wasn't apparent to me before today, but the width of the boxes containing the text of posts seems to vary from post to post and is seemingly determined by the volume of that post, making the margins no longer uniform throughout the length of the page. Quite frankly, it makes the whole layout of the page look a mess.
Unlike Brian,I hope that this is a temporary glitch rather than an intended alteration to the layout.
.... and, as if by magic, everything's back to normal again. Please disregard my previous post.
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
Chris have you and the boy been messing around again :think

Hi Brian,

Last time I checked I wasnt a boy? lol

I have been tinkering with HTML validation and fixing things :)
it looks bloody brilliant

Ill take that comment as your pleased :)

Hi Sagres,

Hope your well, apologies as mentioned above I had to fix some validation issues. With these things, sometimes to fix it you first have to break some bits! I was hoping to do this un noticed but you caught me =p lol

Hopefully the changes Ive made should be for the better :) I know you say its sorted now, but let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers Guys!
I have the varying boxes in the posts too but did have them previously I am IE9
I have different size boxes too. Does it depend on whether you click on post reply or post quick reply on the box sizes. :think
Hello,

If you press CTRL+F5 together this should force your browser to download the new style sheet :)
Cheers, Phil
:D ooh how clever is that!!!! Worked for me!!
I'd take credit for it but it wasnt my idea :) lol

Glad its working :)
Thanks Phil as mine was skew-whiff too :tup
Thanks for the tip ... now my screen looks a lot neater ... but I hope the computer will remember this format next time I drop by!
Hi Alsacienne,

We rarely change the stylesheet, so when you next come back it should be as you left it :)
Cheers, Phil
Phil wrote:
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
Chris have you and the boy been messing around again :think

Hi Brian,

:rofl
Mine now looks wonky lol
have you tried the suggestion a bit further up this thread PRESS ctrl+F5 at the same time [whilst on HT]
:rofl :rofl should we be calling you Philippa now then? :rofl
We do call him Phyllis...
I've got things ok again on my computer- but the boxes are all different sizes on my tablet and I don't know how to change because I can't see a ctrl key.

Sanji
Sanji,

You should have a way of clearing the cache/history. That should fix it.

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.