General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
David...

Whilst applying for those temporary cover forms last years (as the UK was fashionably late with the cards! :roll: ) there was a tick option on the form to have your new EHIC card sent out automatically once they became valid this year.

Do you know if this is still the case, and our cards will be sent out....or will it be another case of a forgotten promise and we need to do the paperwork again? Any info you have would be gread :)
hi we did have a much bigger E111 thread where in a member of the staff at the gov. dept. was answering questions if i remember correctly he said in answer to a similar question that if not received by the end of November to re-apply on line

wizard
Hi.....thanks for that reply :)
Typical governmental incompetence again, then....so i have to go around filling out blooming forms again! :roll: Why have the tick box if they aint gonna do it....i sense a complaint coming on! :wink:
Hi Cidermonster ... as Wizard says, there was a previous EHIC topic, but it was a continuation of the old E111 thread and members were just getting confused about whether they should have an E111 or an EHIC. Many members were also just using the thread to state that their cards had arrived in the mail and as a result, important enquiries were often being overlooked amongst all of those posts.

This new topic has now been created to handle all enquiries about the EHIC.

Our very helpful expert on this - 'DH Advice' - informed us that all 12.8 million pre-ordered EHICs had been issued by the end of November. Anyone who had not received theirs was advised to re-apply online, which you can do via Option 1 in my post above. If any difficulties are experienced, it is most likely because your previous details are already in the system and your card may have been lost in the post. In that case, you should phone the EHIC helpline on 0845 605 0707 and a replacement card can easily be arranged.

With so many millions of applications, it is inevitable that a very small number will have gone astray, or perhaps may not have been processed because the form was not completed correctly. As you have a clear recollection of ticking the appropriate box, I suspect your card has just been lost and a call to that EHIC helpline should sort things out.

David :wave
Thanks David......since i definitely did tick the box, i will give them a call in a couple of days time :)
I received EHIC cards for the whole family a few weeks ago. If anyone who ticked the box has not received them by now I would apply again.
Thank-you for posting this topic as we wouldn't have known about it otherwise (and are going away next month!)

We are planning to apply online, will post a report on it if any problems or surprises!
No probs Acorn...

It's imperative that everyone becomes aware of this issue... The old E111 will be refused if attempted to be used.

Regards

Van :wave
I ticked the box and havent recieved mine either. Decided to apply on line, did that on the 14th December and they still have not arrived. :(
Hi YR ... as in the case above with Cidermonster, you should now make enquiries to the EHIC Helpline on 0845 605 0707.

mine came through and I wasn't even expecting them - saved along with passports!
Took your advice and rang them, they said that there was a problem with their computer on the day that i ordered them on line (as if) was informed that all the cards were posted on Tuesday 3rd January for people who had ordered on line that day. I am still waiting. It looks to me like this is going to be a long drawn out thing. :(
do you have to apply for one for each family member, ie, fill out 4 seperate forms? sorry, im very blonde.
If you do it on line you just give NI number date of birth for each family member and that is it. But i would not apply on line as mine was suppose to have been posted on Tuesday and they still have not arrived. Second class post does not take that long so looks like i will be on the phone again Monday.
How long is a card valid for?
Fireflies - according to the EHIC site it says last from 3- 5 years.

https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetPROD/frequentlyAsked.do

Kath HT Admin
I have just applied online for ours (we don't need them for a month....)

I added my name to my hubby's one. Would I still be able to travel abroad without him if such an occasion arose? I remember wives couldn't when you had joint passports. (I'm thinking of emergencies more than anything else...)

Don't know why I didn't just get a separate EHIC, really.
Hi Acorncup ... although you can apply for an EHIC for your spouse/partner and any children up to the age of 16 at the same time as applying for your own, you will still each be issued with your own individual card.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.