Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
jaxta,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I would write to Thomson using their complaints procedure, detailing your complaints and any communication you had with your rep in resort. Then wait for them to get back to you. It may take several weeks to get a responce though.

Darren
I'd be inclined to write to them send it by recorded delivery and keep a copy. They must acknowledge receipt of your letter within 14 days and then provide you with a detailed reply within 28 days.

Keep your complaint simple and to the point so that it's easy to see exactly what your issues are.

What was the name of the hotel?

Please let us know how you get on.
sent them everything that was requested ,contacted ABTA they contacted them as we had not heard in 28 days a reply off Thomson.Recieved reply off Thomson stating WE HAVE CHECKED BROCHURE AND ALL DETAILS OF THIS HOTEL ARE CORRECT ,WE ARE SORRY THE HOLIDAY WAS NOT UP TO YOUR EXPECTATION BUT WE FIND PEOPLE DO SET THEIR STANDARDS TOO HIGH
well how patronising especially as they have been informed lots of times that we booked online and the site was replaced with the right information while we were in Tenerife, IM SOOOO MAD
Contact Simpson Millar for some free legal travel law advice:-

You can get in touch with the team on Freephone: 0808 145 1358 (Mon to Fri 7am to 9pm) or email: holidayclaims@simpsonmillar.co.uk
I think you must have a great case. They had the wrong hotel info on the web. The rep admitted it to you. I would do as Glynis suggests and contact Simpson Millar.
What is the name of the hotel? I would be inclined to change your thread title to include the name. That way you may find others who were in a similar position will find it.
Quite a lot of folk like myself book on-line all the time, and I’d bet that quite a number, again like me, do screenshots of the brochure information showing on-line – just as insurance or in case things don’t go right.
So - if the original poster provides the hotel name there’s a chance that an HT member actually has a screen shot of whatever the brochure looked like before it got changed! That would be great evidence for any claim.
thanks for the great advice i will contact Simpson Millar
the hotel was
LUABAY TENERIFE PUERTO DE LA CRUZ TENERIFE its a thomson hotel
It would be fab if someone had a screen shot of the online description before it was changed . i know it had been wrong from at least April 2012 as some people i talked to while we were away had booked up then .
thanks i could do with some luck
i have sent an email to Simpson Millar not heard anything yet fingers crossed
anyone else been to this hotel and had same problem ?
Hello jaxta,
I hate this sort of thing, it is such a shame Thomson did this to you. I can't offer any legal advise but this may help you with your action.
I had a look on the Trip Advisor site ( perhaps I should not put there name on here but it may help you) there are 147 picture of this hotel on there site as well as some reports not very good at that.
Have a look it may well help you.

Good luck,
Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.