Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Welcome to the forums miccro.

With regard to buses, you are correct about the number 20 being a very limited service. However, it is not the best service for Altea and Albir, you should be looking at the number 10 which runs at 15 minute intervals through the day and at 20 minute intervals through the evening, up until around 11pm.

There are bus stops on the main road close to Gemelos 22. However, despite the frequency of the service, buses from the Old Town end of the resort can often be full by the time the reach that point, especially just after hotel meal times and on market days when tourists are on the move in greater numbers. But avoiding peak times, you should have no problem boarding the bus close to your apartments.

I believe the adult fare is €1.20 single.

I will leave others to tell you about evening highlights and places to see in each town.

David :wave
Hi,
We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Gemelos 22. We went to Altea for the day. We got the number 10 bus at the stop just up the road from the Roundtown office which is on the opposite side of the road to the Gemelos 22.

Have a great time.

Sarah.
I stayed in Albir a few years ago,I had a lovely time. I can`t recomend anywhere to eat, except the Tapas bar on the main street, opposite the Chinese.the tapas here were very good. I found other meals we had else where were all ok but nothing out standing.
I would get off the bus along the main street and walk along looking in the shops and then end up at the sea front.
Albir has a very nice promanade for an evening stroll with quite a few places to eat and have a drink. At the beginig of the promanade are street stalls. If you fancy a longer walk you can walk into nearby Altea, it would take you around 20 mins.

I have been to Altea several times but only during the day.Altea also has a nice promanade and shops.
Thanks very much for all the replies and the information on the buses, much appreciated. :-D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.