Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
There is some information Here

If you need to know anything more specific, post back.
I have just had a chance to read my previous posts about the area of Torrelamata. They were written some time ago, so there are a few amendments to make:-

Sand's Bistro is presently closed for refurbishment.
A new commercial centre with a Mercadona supermarket has been opened close to your rental apartment.
Don Mariano's restaurant is now closed.
Murcia CF have now been relegated out of La Liga.
The N332 coast road has a few new roundabouts between La Marina and La Mata.
Is the Mercadona and Commercial Centre on the site by Calle Triton/Calle Diana.
I have seen them building on this area on Bing Maps (which is old so does not show it finished)
If so this will be ideal as we arrive midnight and didn't want to trail far in the morning for essentials!
Can you tell me what sort of shops are on the site?

Sharon

x x
The Mercadona is on the new commercial center between Via de Ronda, Calle Diana and Calle Baco. If you are viewing an old map it will probably just show up as a piece of triangular waste ground.

Being new, there is not very much there except a few bars and the obligatory Chinese tat shop.

The supermarket is usually open from 9:15 in the mornings until 9:15 in the evenings.
Hi you could try http://www.clydegrovegolf.com who do legal transfers. The apartments where you are stopping are very nice, my friend owns a apartment there also a large swimming pool.

There are still a few shops unopened in the comercial center where Mercadona is but there is a newsagents also if you want a coffee up the stairs the coffee shop facing towards the apartment complex is very nice, went to the cafe behind facing Mercadona and did not like it! There is a newsagents there which sell UK papers etc.

Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
Thanks for all information...anymore would be greatly received!
Thanks Fudgey also for airport transfer info with http://www.clydegrovegolf.com .
I have been quoted 140 Euro's return which is probably cheapest at about £120 at todays exchange rate!

Sharon

x x
HI Sharon

You are most welcome. Hope you all have a great stay.

There is now a booklet for Torrevieja which has money off coupons inside called Enjoy costs 1€ but is good value for money, They have seperate booklets for Torrevieja area and Orihuela Costa areas, Can save you money in the long run!
Hi Sharon,
We stayed in torresol VIII apartments in Calle Helena with 4 kids and just returned today. It's starting to get busy out there. There are loads of places to eat at about 7 euro for a main course in the evening and a little cheaper during the day. places with entertainment are harder to find. We went to a place called The lounge Bar which had very good entertainment about 3 nights a week and Kareoke on other nights. KwikBarn on Calle Eneas is a lively spot for younger ones (16+)with party games and kareoke. The complex itself has well manicured gardens and a nice big pool with lifeguard. You can get breakfast for 1 euro at The Ugly Frog or 2 Euros at Agonbars (bacon, egg, sausage, beans, toast) from 10 till 2 !
Thankyou vey much pheasantplucker!
Where will I find The Ugly Frog and Agonbars?

Sharon

xx
Agombars and the Kvikk Baron bar are both in a small section of Calle Eneas, almost on the junction of the CV898 (Carretera del Torrejón). From your apartment you can either walk down Calle de Zeus and find these places right at the end, or walk along Calle Baco and turn left at the end. I can't recommend these places as I haven't used them.

A few other places you might want to search out are The Mississippi Queen restaurant, which is shaped like an old paddle boat. From your apartment walk down to the Chinese restaurant Casa de Lu and then turn left. You will eventually get to a set of traffic lights before the N332 roundabout, turn right here. The Mississippi Queen is a short way along this road (Calle Morera).
On the way back it may be worth checking out to see if there is any entertainment in the terrace bar next to the Supervalu supermarket in Avenida de Torreblanca. There is a big sign for the supermarket but DO NOT buy any food there. It is usually rank.

From the beach that you will probably be using at the end of Avenida del Mar there is a popular walkway which will take you past the Buda Bar, through the natural park, and after about 15 minutes or so to La Mata. There are some nice bars right on the beach there.

It would be well worth getting a taxi for a visit to Meson Villa Salada, a link to there web page is HERE. They often do cheap menus de los dias, along with entertainment on weekend lunchtimes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.