Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi, I've been to Hendra 3 times over the last 4 years and am sure that you will love it. It's a very clean and well looked after park, with 2 lovely swimming pools,1 indoor and 1 outdoor which is lovely if you get good weather. The entertainment is typical of holiday parks, drinks were fairly expensive as I recall though. There's a Morrison's supermarket 2 minutes away for your supplies. The site is in a great location for exploring north Cornwall being just outside Newquay and it's beaches, Crantock, Holywell Bay and a bit further on is Perranporth. Padstow up the coast and also Daymar Bay and Polzeath are worth a visit. Looe and Polperro on the south coast are only about a 50 min drive and St Ives further down the north coast is also worth a visit (about an hour away). Eden project not far away although we have never found the time to visit because there's just so many other places. Do you have children? There's an aquarium in Newquay, plus the Zoo down by Trenance Gardens and lots, lots more, the list is endless. I can honestly say that I have been to lots of holiday parks in the UK since I had my children and I would go back to Hendra again and again, there's just so much to do in the area. A little tip for you...now that Hendra have your details they should send you special offers each year when the brochure comes out which offer half price holidays at certain times of the year. I could go on and on but if you have anything specific you want to know just ask. Have a great time...as I'm sure you will, Nic.
hello nicJW

very many thanks for your lovely reply - wow - can't wait to go now.

seems to be so many things to see and do and am glad Hendra is clean and nice, our children are grown up now and offhand so its just the two of us needing a much-needed rest!!!

i will print this thread and take with me as your info gave us so many places to visit and i might think of other things to ask in the meantime so hope you don't mind.

thankyou again for your help

christine :)
When you check in they have lots of brochures/flyers in the reception area for places to visit. Pick up a map aswell and you'll soon see that 4 days won't be long enough! Enjoy :)
hello nicjw

we are going to Hendra on sunday and really looking forward to it - can't wait :)

i will let you know all about it on here when we return, and many thanks for the info on places to visit when down there.
will print this thread on saturday to take with us.

regards, christine
Hi, have a lovely holiday, hope you get good weather :sun2 Are you camping, or in a tourer or static van?
we are in a static van - the weather forecast doesn't look good for the next few days either heavy rain and thunderstorms here in Essex and also in the southwest :(

it was 28 degs here on tuesday, never mind we will still enjoy the holiday but best pack an umbrella!!
Hi ILH, we've always stayed in a static aswell. Couple of tips: if you are staying in one without central heating take a small fan heater with you as the bedrooms do get cold at night even in summer (as I'm sure you know). Also, only the 'Premium' range are provided with duvets, the others have blankets so depending on what type of van you're in you may want to take one with you. That said though we've never bothered but the heater was definately needed when we went at Easter last year.

Fingers crossed for the weather then! We've often found that if it's cloudy/rainy where we are in Cornwall if you drive a bit further along the coast or across to the opposite one you'll find some sun.

Oh, and watch our for the seagulls...they're enormous :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.