Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Welcome to the forums Susie hopefully someone will be along soon to assist you :tup
Hey same day as us!!! lol!
Hi, can't really be much help as never stayed at that hotel or resort, but had to say we went to Sri Lanka two years ago and it is a lovely place to visit. Very friendly people and the wildlife and birds and scenery is fantastic. We toured around the island for one week and then went to several beach resorts the second week all were lovely.

I am sure you will have a great time.
Hi susie0628,
I've stayed twice at the Mermaid Hotel in Waddawu in 2009 and 2010 - and both times were excellent. I don't know the accommodation you mention, I guess it may be close to Waddawu town, the Mermaid was a bit further out, towards Kalutara.
I've visited Sri Lanka now five times in total, and I really do like the island and its people. It's gradually starting to get more expensive and few tour operators offer it. Last time there I used Mercury Direct, a nice little company.

Kalutara is the largest centre close to Waddawu, and it is worth visiting a couple of times, just wander around and enjoy the atmosphere! Tuktuk taxis cost very little to get around in.
Waddawu is also on the main coastal railway line - it makes for a fun, inexpensive day out to go either to Colombo city or in the other direction to Galle.
If your first visit to Sri Lanka - beware that wine is expensive and quite rare though all other alcohol is freely available and inexpensive. Good idea to take a wine box with you if it's your favourite tipple.
Have a great holiday!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.