Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Having read their T&Cs and your post it would appear you do have a genuine reason for some recompense.

The T&Cs require you contact your local rep - you did - you then contacted the UK office and apart from the sarcastic remark I would have expected some attempt to resolve the problem.

I would suggest you put your complaint in writing - send by signed for/recorded delivery. I do suspect they may try to get around the problem by telling you (a) They do not actually own the villa but simply act as agents. Under UK law they entered into a contract and in effect sub contracted with the villa owner to supply a service so are therefore responsible. (b) That alternate arrangements had been made for cooking.

You do not tell us how you made payment. That can have an effect on what actions you may take if you do not get a response.

When I went self catering I did not expect to take all my meals out. Everyone has a different way of taking their holidays. It cannot be assumed that you are not going to cook (many people I know do not eat out at all).

You should have been advised that there was a problem with the facilities you have booked.

Please let us know what response you get as we may be able to help further once you have a reply. Be aware that you may have to wait a few weeks for that but no more than 28 days.

fwh
We are always disappointed to hear from clients who have not been entirely happy with a particular villa and we have duly noted the comments made by SteveW. It was unfortunate that the electric hob in the kitchen was not in operation during our clients stay, for which we apologise. A gas alternative was available in the utility area, situated directly off the kitchen.

This particular villa was booked for 35 weeks in the 2008 season and the questionnaires received over the last 2 years give the villa a rating of 1.55. 1 is excellent, 2 very good, 3 good, 4 average and 5 poor.

We would again apologise to SteveW for any disappointment with regards to his holiday and his comments have been noted.
Isn't there something missing from that response?
A compensation package is being put on the table. We cannot discuss this on open forum.
...his comments have been noted
just ain't enough!
To expect someone to cook in a utility room is just not on. If the shower in the bathroom is not working you do not expect to be told to use the pool shower outside. You expect it to get an expedient repair.

I now always go DIY with people I know and trust.

Mark
The original poster has not replied so we have no idea what their response is. I do have a concern when told this was a Health & Safety matter. Did the accommodation comply with any relevant rules? Were there other things that the OP was not told? Failure to get a satisfactory reply would incline myself to contact the local office of CTO and inform them.

fwh

**Edit to remove unnecessary comments - Admin **
To fwh

i have not had time to write back to villa plus yet, but will do as soon as possible

Stevew
I yet again sent another e-mail to Villa plus on the 8th December 2008

Received a reply by letter fro customer services 10th December 2008 contents to follow

Thank you for your correspondence received recently. we are very sorry you were unhappy
with our replies. We naturally appreciate you further points but unfortunately we cannot add any more,
as our position is quite clearly.
We can only, therefore, apologise again for any disappointment that may have been encountered
during your holiday

Yours sincerely

I don't think that Villa Plus seem to realise that having paid £3,500 for the total holiday,
and to have the whole holiday ruined not by not having the Electric hob in the main kitchen disconnected, but really bad smells for the on suit bathroom very dangerous
Condition of concrete around the pool if we had children with us they could of easily
of cut their feet or worse.

But Villa plus don't seem to think this would cause any disappointment

Yours truly,

SteveW
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.