Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
VIRGIN
817 Posts
Bunny230,

Temperature is a strange thing. One person may say it's cold, the other warm. Flying with VS is a totally different experience than EZY. You'll receive an amenity kit and be provided with a blanket.

Darren
Hi, does anyone know which are the cheapest days to travel from London (any airport) to Las Vegas? This is a return trip so want the cheapest return day too. Am flexible on days, months to travel. Been on the Virgin site and they seem to fly every day, just want the most economic.

Thanks

Sally
salhal - all days pretty much the same. You may find a weekend flight supplement for Fri/Sat/Sun services if booking with Virgiin Holidays, but even that is only about £20.
Hi - can anybody help me. I am flying on Virgin VS015 15th April Gatwick to Orlando on a 747. I have a fear of flying and have been advised by customer services to sit in Row 21 (1 of 3 rows directly behind premium economy). Only problem with this is I have been told there is a wall directly in front of Row 21 with a curtain in the alleyways, so unsure how claustophobic this might feel. Also with regards to the seats I understand they are bulkhead seats - how does this work with regard to the screen/tv/games etc. and the seat tray, do they fit in the side of the seats, i.e. making them smaller than the other economy seats. Sorry to sound so dim but never flown Virgin before. We have currently selected seats Row 36 GHJ and K. Please help! Sue
Bulkhead seats are indeed a little narrower than the normal seats. There is a little more legroom which compensates for that though.

Bulkhead seats are usually reserved for passengers with babies so am quite surprised that you could get one allocated if you so wished.

If you're travelling with a baby they are a godsend. If you're not, then please bear into mind that the person next to you may be travelling with a baby with all associated noises included!

Mark :)
Mark

Is there a wall directly in front of these seats and do the trays for eating come up from the front/side?

Cheers
Sue
With the bulkhead seats, yes on both accounts.

Thanks Mark. We originally enquired about these seats as my husband has not long had an operation on this leg so needed extra legroom. I was advised they would be better for me, but now not so sure, seems very claustrophic from what you say. Maybe best to stick with what we already chose. Sue
Hi Darren, would appreciate your comments if you are online, Cheers Sue
suebar,

I can't comment too much on specific seats onboard the VS 744's as I've never had the pleasure to ride on one as yet (Only AF 744 upper deck, working on it though!). Row 21 is indeed a bulkhead seat and has extra legroom. Tray tables are in the armrests so as Mark says, they are slightly narrower. Seats are always a personal thing. I can see how they might feel claustrophic with the bulkhead infront, but that also gives you a degree of privacy as well.

Darren
Thanks Darren, do you have any pictures as I really cant image what it looks like? Sue
suebar,

I don't have any photo's of inside of VS's cabins, but there are plenty on Airliners.net.

Darren
Hi,

I am flying Virgin in the summer from LHR to SFO and then returning from LAX - LHR. I live in the North West of England, so what is the best way to travel down to Heathrow?

I am thinking of flying as BA and BMI have some fairly cheap fares atm, but is it possible to through check my bags from MAN, even though I am flying with different carriers? Same question for the return journey?

Or, would it be easier to get the train?

Hope i asked this in the right forum.

Cheers,
Richard.
rich1241,

I would say flying is the easiest since it's a pain in the proverbial lugging suitcases around airports let alone trainstations. BA aren't a partner airline so you won't be able to check straight through to your final destination with them. Bmi is a parter airline so if you travelled on a domestic flight to LHR, they'll be able to check you and your baggage through to your final destination and vice-versa on your return trip. For more information, refer to Virgin Atlantics website

Darren
Cheers Darren, that's a great help!

Richard.
I, today, have send an email to Virgin Atlantic asking on how to get a refund on the excess fuel duty they've been charging customers during the period from 2004 to 2006.

I made a total of 3 return flights with them and will keep you all posted on what they've got to say.

For the benefit of those interesed in claiming a refund, this is the reply I received:

Thank you for writing.

Virgin Atlantic has reached a provisional settlement relating to civil
claims brought in a US Federal court concerning long haul passenger
surcharges.

We began settlement negotiations after the case involving passenger fuel
surcharges came to light.

Under the terms of the proposed settlement, passengers who bought a
ticket in the UK or USA for a Virgin Atlantic flight, between 11 August
2004 and 23 March 2006, will be able to claim refunds of between £2 and
£10 per flight - depending on the amount of fuel surcharge paid.

No claims can be made until an independent claims administrator is
appointed and the settlement receives final court approval. Virgin
Atlantic will not be directly involved in the claims or refund process.

Details of the settlement and the claims process will be published by
the claims administrator and on Virgin Atlantic's website in due course.
If the court gives its final approval, anticipated in a matter of
months, the proposed settlement process will go live.

If you believe that you may be eligible to make a claim for a refund
please do not call our contact centres or write to us, as until the
settlement and the detail of the claims process are finalised and
approved, we're unable to give you any further information.

Virgin Atlantic deeply regrets its involvement in this matter and
believes the provisional settlement reached now draws a line under this
episode.
I posted in the USA thread before being directed here. Thanks Mark.
Hi Dazbo

I have a question for you. We are flying on Virgin Atlantic to Orlando in April and I am getting in a bit of a state regarding flying across the atlantic. I understand some routes go up and across (whatever that means). Can you clarify if the plane flies directly over the atlantic, i.e. so if there is a problem with the aircraft what happens? I know it sounds silly but I really need some reassurance here. Many thanks.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.