We have been avid fans of the Virgin Brand, largely due to Richard Branson. We first became known to Virgin holidays following a flight booking to Dubai, via Premium Economy. On our return arrival to the Check in Desk, arriving along side a family of 6 at the next check in desk, we were offered an upgrade to Business Class, we were over the moon, only to realise that we were being charged £600.00 whereas the family next to us all 6, got the same for free. We had a bit of a private dispute, we were given the reason of, that we had booked our holiday with another agent, IE not direct with Virgin Holidays, thus our agent had booked us on a ' K" class flights. apparently the family did book with Virgin so given lets call it ' the treatment'. Needless to say we paid and thought learn from it. On our return home we contacted Virgin Atlantic to be told the same as above hence when planning our 30th wedding anniversary to travel in October 2016 we decided best option was to book with Virgin Holidays. That also in the knowledge that between us we had over 98,000 air miles.

Firstly the story board begins, I had done my own pricing homework, getting the info on pricing structures, Virgin had also said always ring us we will see if we can price match, the reason why we did not book Virgin prior as the price difference was immense. However, I telephone to make the enquiry only to find the holiday was far more expensive than elsewhere, given the flights we had looked at via a different site were also with Virgin Atlantic, naturally we expected them to price match or come close etc. The first time of calling the we asked the girl dealing to go and speak to her superiors and asked her to ring me back, she said within the hour. That phone call never arrived so I called them back. This time the new girl stated she could not find the girl prior should she start a new booking? I explained about the prior call and the promise of a call back, it fell on flat ears so to speak. I explained we had over 98,000 miles and wished to upgrade to Business Class for our journey or utilities or miles. The young lady, called Esha, booked the holiday we believe maximising her commission, she failed to utilise our points, further more she advised me that the holiday booking had gone up by over £300.00 during the wait for the call back above. I asked her to do something to speak to her superiors etc, again it fell on flat ears. I was annoyed and refused to give Virgin the extra, instead choosing to add a further night in Hong Kong at our chosen hotel which meant the flights were cheaper, etc but had to pay for the hotel.When the invoice came through, I immediately queried the amount charged and why our points had not been utilised, various excuses came back thus setting off what transpired to over 35 forms of contact prior to travel to try to achieve our upgrade to Business class. On checking in on line via Virgin Atlantic we learned that Esha had booked us on a 'k' class flight without telling us, this despite being with Virgin, and take into account our miles collected, meant we could not upgrade. Various arguments ensued over them telling us they would give us 12,000 air miles for our problem, I would not accept, this was our 30th anniversary, miles were not the issue, having the holiday we desired was. We conversed with Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays, I have emails that state as below they will not converse with each other, crazy really.

However, having left on our holiday already upset, we spent three wonderful nights in Hong Kong then boarded our Royal Caribbean Cruise to Japan. IF you have read the posts about the Voyager of Seas re this journey you will see, it was simply the worst experience ever via the service, the food and all. New Management were brought onto the ship mid cruise. We had a meeting with the Royal Caribbean Management prior to disembarkation and were promised a 50% off next cruise along with any other discounts that may apply at the time. However when we arrived back home, it became clear this was not the case. They instead offered us a voucher for £395.00 instead.

Again we made contact with Virgin holidays , endless forms of communication have been exchanged. They told me to contact Royal Caribbean re the above stating it was for them to deal. Royal Caribbean stating holiday booked with Virgin it was for Virgin to deal. We have conversed at length, thankfully I took recordings during our holiday of conversations, thankfully can prove the above to be true, something Virgin denied, but today accepted the conversation re the 50% and off any cruise of our choosing did take place, Virgin offered us a voucher for £500,00 of our next holiday to add to the voucher off Royal Caribbean of £395.00. We have declined this given it is no measure of the holiday costs, no way equates to 50% that could be achieved if we booked another cruise etc.

Today we have flied a small claim through the courts, I would advise anyone having difficulties to do this, it is a straight forward process, for example we are claiming £4,500 plus the court application costs of £185.00, this allows for claims up to £5000.00. If below the cost is only £105.00.

Will keep all updated, certainly going to challenge Virgin on this, the brand that simply is failing to deal with clients, a brand that cannot communicate between Atlantic and Holidays etc.
  • Edited by Lance Chambers 2017-01-14 18:14:09
    Removal of symbols not associated with post.