Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Sorry to hear you had a disappointing time.

Just a note - have you submitted your complaints in writing? Its not enough to just complete an incident form in resort, so get that letter in asap if you have not done already.
oh yes complaint went in in writing wasnt even given a coment card from virgin,

nicki
That sounds horrific,
it is sad that you had a nightmare time especially as it was your wedding.

Loulou
Gosh, I remember you're original post. Like you we'd had our flights changed to Jamaica (with a stop over) which was a real pain. Virgin were really unhelpful! 10 days before we were due to fly I found out on one of these sights that the hotel was shut. They insisted it wasn't. I had a week from hell the week before we were due to go, kept asking for alternative accomodation... 2 days before we were due to go they phoned and told me the hotel was indeed shut and everywhere else was fully booked (being Easter) I'd spent a fortune on calls to their contact centre, lost a lot on Jamaican dollars(about £40 with the buyback rate) and also lost 7 lb in stress. After many complaint letters, I virtually ended up with the min compensation. I had to take the kids out of school for a week, because it was too late to book elsewhere and spent alot more on another holiday that the original one (which had been booked at a good price, 18 mnths earlier) I was really disappointed with Virgin. I'm glad your wedding went well and I hope you get a good result with Virgin.
Sorry to read of problems with Virgin,we have taken some 15 holidays with them and never had a problem.
We went on a virgin holiday about five years ago to Turkey. Everything they could get wrong they did. Never been with them again - never will. (Turkey was great just wrong tour company)
That would have been Virgin Sun - the european short haul arm - not Virgin Holidays the long haul tour operator.
wrote to virgin holidays on the 3 august and still havent heared antthing

anyone know hol long in should take???
You should have had a response by now, I am sure they have to acknowledge within 14 days and then give you a full response witthin 28 days of that.

Kath HT Admin
many thanx ill try and ring them tomorow .
sorry to hear about all your horrific ordeals but i am going on holiday to palmanova in june and i am with vigin holidays after hearing all your complants i am reconcidern what should i do :roll: Leona McQueen
well eventually recieved some responses from virgin !!!

offered me £400 of vouchers and a bottle of champagne . when i said i wanted a cheque insted of vouchers i just got a reply today and if i want a cheque the offer is downgraded to a measly £200 the saga goes on. i have disputed this and now await the next chapter. wish me luck folks.

and to msg above u should be ok just check and double check every aspect of your hol. if u are flying on a virgin plane ull be fin with the flights i have no problems with virgin airlines. they and virgin holidays are kept as seperate companies.

we have reboked to go to the paradisus again next year but through kuoni who incidently are £300 cheeper than virgin for the same package and you still get to go on a virgin flight.
If they are offering you vouchers then they are admitting some liability. I would phone Ros Fernihough and have a word with her. She will offer you free advice and can do an assessment of your claim.

Ros can be reached on 01922 621114
Hi,

I am very worried now!

I have my wedding in antiga booked with them for Aug 06.

I was let down big time with firstweddings, with them cancelling our wedding to mexico, so changed to antiga.

Yours,
Brad
hi brad

You should be fine

the journy to antiga is on a virgin plane these are fine and u r able to take 2 32kg cases per person.

if u are unsure email the hotels weding coordinater direct to ask questions and ask how it all works . that was the single best bit of advice i found on net. just double check tickets etc and if the smalest thing is wrong ensure they sort it for u.

also to save u hassle if u need to phone then pm me for the customer relations diret number . otherwise ull end up waiing on hold for hours while u go to india and back lol

xxxxx
My friend used Virgin to get married in Florida this year. When she got there the wedding organiser was not there. She had paid for flowers, cake, hair and make-up that this person was supposed to organise and the hotel didn't know anything about it. Apparently this person is employed by Virgin and based at the hotel.

Luckily they were amazing and got her sorted (the show girls helped with her hair and make-up) but it was stress she didn't need before her big day.
wow, sounds like you guys have had a hard time of it. Cuba is way different to all the caribbean islands i have been too, the food is aweful, but you have to look at it, none out there has any incentive to do a great job as most earn the same amount of money as a cleaner would.

lm4sk4eva, i would like to say that you can't be travelling with vrigin to palma nova in majorca, virginholidays are only longhaul, the shortest flight destination that they cover is egypt.
Hi,

After my 1 st wedding was cancelled by First chocie weddings to mexico I booked my 2 nd with virgin weddings to antigua.

Only this morning to recieve a letter from virgin saying there is major building work next to hotel and its big machines and it will definately effect out wedding.

I called them and they were quite rude and couldnt change hotel, so ive argued with a manager for a full refund. Not happy!

2 dam weddings cancelled, by 2 companies! What have I done wrong?
We are devastated especially my wife to be ( I Hope!)

Any ideas on wedding destinations?
Yours,
Brad :evil:
Hi,

We are devastated...
after out first wedding with first choice was cancelled in mexico we booked with virgin weddings to antigua.

This morning we had the letter from hell to say there is full-scale/majo building work next to hotel. They say there is major cranes etc.. and noise/smell etc.. will effect our stay.

I phoned them and they were very rude and they would not transfer us to a nearby hotel as wedding is booked here. So I cancelled and just about managed to get full refund.

My girlfriend burst into tears and we are very dissapointed with virgin.
Also the wedding was in July ( we booked last aug) and they only just let us know.

I feel we are plauged with something and nobody seems to let us marry!
Any suggestions on 3 rd wedding destination?
Yours,
Upset Brad and abbie :evil:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.