Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Virgin
74 Posts
Hi everyone,
That's me booked for a flydrive with Virgin July 2007-only got the 5% discount though, not the 10%, but that's still a decent enough saving on the total price so happy enough and also got cheap domestic connection flights.
Those fuel supplements that all the airlines are charging are killers though!!
Bit early to get excited but can't help it-it's going to be a long wait!
Chiara - Did you manage to get the £10 connecting flight price?
Wilma9000,
I'm hoping so but the domestic flights haven't been loaded onto the system yet so can't actually be booked as they are still so far in advance-the schedule's are available though & the flights are with BA.

I've only been charged £10 each for them just now though. When I booked I was told that these are on a first come, first served basis so it was 99% likely that I would get them due to booking so early. Apparently, they sit queued on a computer system until available for booking and then are allocated in that order.
I would then be notified if the price had increased but was also advised that if I don't get the connections at the low price, I will be able to cancel either the holiday/or connections with no loss of deposit.
Fingers crossed........
chiara
Chiara - I just booked my fkydrive last weekend by telephone to Virgin holidays and I got the £10 connecting flight no problem, so I don't know why you were told something different. I would phone them again and see what they say.
Wilma 9000,
Have you booked for summer 2006 or summer 2007? We've booked for 30/6/07.
chiara
We booked for March 2007. At first I was given £80 connecting flight, then when I said there was no way I was paying that for 4 adults and children he went away then came back and said I would have them for £10 each. Don't take any nonsense.
Wilma,
Thanks-this is useful to know if I do get offered the dearer flights. Domestic's are apparently only bookable until end April 07(states same on preview 2007 website page) but I'll let you know how I get on when the flights are released onto the system.

One thing is certain though, we'll both have fantastic holidays. :D
Chiara :D
Having travelled with virgin i feel i should defend them a little from the complaints earlier in the post. I have traveled virgin approx 10 times, and have never had a reason to conplaim about them. Most trips were to the states however one was to africa. ON one holiday our bags got left behind at LA. They sent the bags over on the later flight and they were couriered up to our house by 10pm on the evening we arrived home! The bags were fairly damaged however, nothing was lost and they paid very promptly with no quibbles for replacement bags. I have just booked another hoilday with them, for africa, so lets hope they an keep the good work up!

However one small thing the booking lines are not so good now that they are in India.
Both Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays still have reservations call centres in Crawley, West Sussex - UK.

I always ask where the operator is when I call! - how sad is that. I tend to do that now with banks, insurance companies etc. just out of curiosity.
hi.. I have recently booked my first Holiday with VH..I spent ages researching all the TO and FO before booking so I hope I have made the right choice.

Anyway I have booked my 16 night trip for next years staying at Orange county, san deigo and Bevery Hill.. we are flying LAX in PE from Heathrow.
I choose VA to fly with because they seemed the best option for children and VH came out with the best price..

Well so far we are having problems with getting are confimation.. we have been waiting for 2 months! hopefully this is not a sign of things to come.
Aerogirl.
Hi, I had a similar problem with my confirmation. I was booking for 2 families and wanted the confirmation so as I could show the other family going, the breakdown of the cost and who had to pay what etc. I called Virgin twice to query what had happened to it and both times was told that it had been sent but it never turned up.
A couple of weeks ago, I requested another online and finally got this one.
If you haven't tried on-line yet, give it a go.
Chiara
I too will leap to Virgins defence. They were absolutely fantastic to us over the problems with my husbands visa. I think it sometimes depends on who you get on the other end of the telephone. Ask for the manager if you are not satisfied. I have done this in the past & found them to be very fair & helpful.
Can anyone tell me what Virgin do if I want to change my booking for next February on to March instead? The same booking only 4 weeks later?
Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Holidays?

The Virgin Holidays brochure indicates that a £25 pp charge would be made - plus any difference in price of the holiday.
Good news from mid May you will be able to use your Tesco Clubcard deal vouchers towards nearly all Virgin holidays.
Virgin Holidays are to start direct flights from Glasgow to Orlando International with Virgin Atlantic for Summer 2007. More info at Virgin Holidays
Regarding clubcard vouchers for Virgin Holidays, can you just put a little amount towards the cost- like £100 pounds or so?
We have returned from a disasterous Virgin holiday in August and sent a complaint. Virgin Holidays are passing the blame to Virgin Atlantic and vice versa - no one is excepting responsibility. Virgin are also trying to blame the travel agent! I can only best describe our Virgin flight to Orlando as "EasyJet" level - that should show how bad the flight was!

Our luggage was so badly damaged that when I spoke to the manufacturer, they informed me that the damage to my cases should never have been able to happen. The manufacturer was surprised at the level of damage and confirmed the cases must have been seriously manhandled. Virgin are still not excepting responsibility.

We were also informed that we should have chased the Virgin Reps on our multi centre £4,500 holiday - we were given contact numbers on our itinerary. Our Disney resort hotel could not tell us when the Virgin Rep would be visiting! According to Virgin Customer Services, we should have rung them to find out! Is this down to us?

To name but a few disasters on our "Virgin Holidays" holiday!
You must complain about damage to luggage to the Airline (Virgin Atlantic) handling agent at the Airport and get a completed form this will allow you to claim.This not done it becomes difficult to claim.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.