Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Virgin
74 Posts
How long prior to travel do Virgin send your. tickets????
I think it is between 14-21 days
Has anyone used the Check in Chill out since the new rules on liquids in hand luggage,what do you do leave all the toiletries behind??
The new rules would certainly apply regarding the carridge of liquids in hand baggage on the return flight. We have used the Check-In, Chill-Out service in both Antigua and Barbados. To be honest it didn't cause any problems and it is a great service that Virgin offer. In both cases we checked in luggage at the hotel late morning and just left out enough soap and shampoo to grab a shower later in the afternoon before the transfer back to the airport. All our main holiday toiletries were packed in baggage and therefore collected by Virgin during the Check-In, Chill-Out service that last morning.

You can still pack liquids under 100ml in hand baggage. So that means you can still travel with toothpaste etc to refreshen up during the flight or on arrival.
Thank you for the reply it was more for the wife than me.
Tickets arrived Monday for travel on Sunday 9th March.All set now.
Only 11 more "sleeps" to go then :rofl
Have fun
Thanks Traveller,sorry so late with the reply,Man/Barbados return in PE very good flight and top service both ways,beat the hell out of Thomsons.
Anyone know when Virgin Holidays are likely to have another sale?

I see on voucher websites that they had 10% off during the May Bank Holiday, are they likely to have another sale in time for me to benefit before we book.

We want to travel to Florida in Oct 08 the best price I have found is £656 for the 9 nights we want to go.
Hi,
i have been watching the Virgin sales from last year and they were, May bank holidays, August so one coming up, and christmas time.
I am waiting to book my flights for Nov 09 next year so they will mail me when the 10% discount on, when they do i will post it here. :wave:
Hi,

We are flying to Orlando on Good Friday this April with Virgin. I know its a long shot, but does anyone know the flight numbers.
Going out at 1245, flying back from Orlando at 1655 on the 24th.

Thanks in anticipation

Paul

PS I actually need to know for the ESTA forms
Hi and welcome to HT!

It might help if you say which airport you are flying from.

luci :wave
I'd put my £ on you being a Gatwick passenger and flying on VS015 on the outbound LGW/MCO sector.

For the return I would say the VS 028 but leaving at 17.50 rather than 16.55.

The flights operates on a B747-400
Hi all :wave:

Does anybody have any information on the date of Virgin Holidays 2010 release?

Want to try and book a holiday to the Maldives and was hoping their holiday prices and destinations would have been released by now, I have checked their website and it doesn't give any useful information :que

Cheers
Graham
How can virgin change their prices in 1 day?

on sunday I was looking at Virgin's website 2 weeks in Orlando staying at the Quality Inn - International drive leaving on 7th June 2010 2 adults 1 child £1325.00

I put in the exact same details today (monday) and it was £1625.00

How can it change like that in 1 day?.
Probably like many airlines/operators - something called "Fluid Pricing". Airline seats/availability will be "yielded" using supply and demand principles. If there is little demand for a holiday the price comes down, if there is higher demand the price goes up.

Have you tried looking as a date either side of 7th June to see if the price differs? Sometime just by changing your date slightly the price can change dramatically. For Orlando I always find mid week flights are cheaper.
Sorry I meant 17th June

And yes, 24th June -£1933.50 10th June - £1661.00
oh dear!

I just got the same price as your quote and that includes an online discount.

That said I thought £1625 wasn't a bad price for 2 adults plus a child for 2 weeks.
Im going to book my holiday tomorrow

Has anyone paid the extra to go into the V room at gatwick airport?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.