Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Iv'e heard that everyone entering Egypt now has to pay a fee of £20 regardless as to weather they are going to travel whilst there. :-o
Can you still enter Sharm without a Visa as a 'Sinai Only' visitor if you intend to take an excursion to Jerusalem or do you have to purchase a Tourist Visa because you are travelling to the Taba / Israeli border?

In answer to my own question and to help others I can confirm that you DON'T require to pay for a visa if doing the Jerusalem excursion :tup

Iv'e heard that everyone entering Egypt now has to pay a fee of £20 regardless as to weather they are going to travel whilst there

That is NOT the situation, under the Camp David Agreement it is still the case that nationals from UK , EU and USA travelling to Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts ONLY, for a maximum of 14 DAYS, do not require a visa prior to travelling as a free entry permission stamp will be granted upon arrival. If they intend to travel outside of the above mentioned areas they MUST obtain a Visa.

If you are only intending to stay in the Sinai Peninsula which includes the resorts of - Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba you are not required to buy a visa, mark your entry card ''SINAI ONLY''
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.