Holiday Advice From HolidayTruths Admins
visit to Cochin
6 Posts
Hi Johnny

Did you want advice in terms of hotels?

Best

L
hi Lance
thanks for your reply, really just the best area to set down for a month with bars, restaurants, shops etc close by, will be renting a scooter. been to goa the last 13 years time for a change
johnny
Are you planning to visit other areas during your month in Cochin.? I have stayed in the city twice but to be honest I wouldn't regard it as a typical holiday destination such as Goa or Kovalam, and a month in Cochin would I think be too long, it's more somewhere to visit for a few days on the way to areas further south in Kerala.

I stayed in the Fort Kochi area on one visit, there are lots of restaurants especially sea food ones that serve delicious food and shops in that area, I can't remember where I stayed the second time.

Not trying to put you off, it is quite a few years since I last visited the area so things will have probably changed a lot just as they have in most areas of India and I expect you have done plenty of research which will have attracted you to the city but at the time of my last visit Cochin was just a largish typical working Indian city with some cultural attractions , not really set up as a holiday destination. There are of course some lovely areas not far from the city, the wildlife parks, the backwaters and beaches further south. India was always one of my favourite holiday destinations, and I hope you have a lovely holiday.
thank you for your honest opinion on cochin I did think it would be a great place for a visit and not long term will have to look around
thanks a lot Lance
john
sorry Judith thought it was Lance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.