Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
yes,i really do think the people who make these decisions are simple :D .and they wonder why tourism is down
No, not at all, but rather disappointed.

Why?

Because I thought it might get delayed a bit, teething troubles getting it up and running, etc, etc

But in Indian terms this wording signals this year, next year, sometime, never.

Such a shame.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I'm quite please really. Have just got to grips with the VFS system. I could only see chaos with VOA.
We are arriving via Mumbai this year.
Is visa on arrival available in Mumbai?
Thanks for the post. I too have been wondering how this system would be both inducted then implemented having booked to go in December I thought it may start in farce. Whilst the visa cost is still high, in my opinion, I am happy to say for me it's better the devil I know when talking about a new visa system.

How many letter changes to make farce out of India?
Max13biker wrote:

Not if you are British.
botany bay wrote:
Max13biker wrote:

Not if you are British.

I voted NO in the referendum - so yes I am still British.... :tup
:rofl

If you had voted "Yes", you might not have been able to travel anywhere for a while?

How many rupees to the bawbee, etc?

:really
Like other users I am not surprised about this. At least I can go ahead and apply for our visas anytime now .we are going for a month to Australia in December before our three weeks to Goa towards the end of January. The only downside is the hassle getting the visa and the price. For Australia, it will take me five minutes online, cost me nothing, and not waste any pages in my passport. By the time India gets its act together more and more of their one time regulars will have voted with their feet and moved on to destinations that seem eager to see them
Alan
Yes, two pages in your passport each year takes up a lot of space. Thailand is a simple form filled out on the plane, half of it kept (and stapled in the passport by Immigration) and used for the homeward journey, two stamps in the passport, one in and one out. I had to get him to use the same page as last time so that I have enough pages in the passport for two more trips to Goa before my passport expires.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.