Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi we have not been to Arcadia or Atlantis ,but we have stayed at the Voyage twice before and we are booked up for another twice this year ,June and September .This hotel is first class as far as i am concerned and second only to the Susesi which is my first choice in Belek ,but it is a very close second .

Bluepeterno1
How very strange, last week we received the same letter as you have. We were due to go to the Atlantis on 15/8/10 for 14 nights and have now been told that we have been allocated the Voyage Belek instead. When i queried this with the Direct Holidays rep i was told that they have not been allocated as many rooms this year at the Atlantis hence the change of hotel.
However after looking at various reports and reviews of the Voyage Belek it appears that the ratings as slightly better than those of the Atlantis so on paper the change does not seem so bad.
At the end of the day we don't have much choice as we either go with the Voyage or contact the tour operator who will try to find a different hotel but we will have to pay any difference in cost which obvioulsy there will be a higher cost as we booked last September to get best rates and a free child place.
Lucydan. I think you will be pleased with the Club Voyage .I see you have kids going with you .The kids club is really great .it is like a small village with small cabins and their own dining area .There is also a funfair which opens at night with lots of rides for the kids also inside things like bow;ing and games machines .When are you going .

Peter
We will be going on 15/8 for 14 nights.Hopefully everything will be ok, the Voyager looks ok on all the reviews that i have seen. The most annoying thing about the tour operator is why do they take bookings if there is not enough rooms to go around? I booked the Atlantis in september and was told the reason we were moved is because its last in last out. I feel it was because we paid less as booked so early but no one will know other than the operator.
This is our first time in Turkey so i hope everything goes ok.
Reports have said that there is not many English at the hotel but it is in Thomas Cook and First Choice so there may be a few more but that does not bother me to much.
Can anyone tell me what the food is like?
Hi,
I have stayed at one of the Limak hotels in Lara beach and they are a very good hotel chain! That said if I had to choose the Atlantis or the Club Voyage I would go for the Voyage hotel! It is very new and more modern than the Atlantis!! It has a very good AI package in summer time!
I viewed it last year and would certainly not hesitate to go there! It is quite close to the Atlantis hotel but nearer to Belek!
I have stayed at the Susesi to and this is also my favourite and Direct holidays do have it !!
Thank you Bluepeterno1 and Lucydan for your replies.

We had also booked the Atlantis in September of last year and at that time there was loads of availability. Even up to December there was availability at the Atlantis for two weeks commencing 31/7/10 which is when we are travelling, (just looked every now and then to see whether price had gone up or down). I can't believe it is a case of last in first out but will never know how they decide whose holiday they will change.

Yes, on the reviews Voyage Belek does sound good but, having been to the Atlantis in October, we knew what we were going to and as repeat guests of the Limak group were pretty much guaranteed rooms in the main building whereas, if we want rooms in the main building of the Voyage, we would have to pay a supplement of approx £170. Can't help wondering how come there's so much availability at the Voyage during height of the season.

Oh well, will just have to wait and see.

MPB
Agree, but all i can say is that all reviews i have read for the Voyage Beleck are favourable. We will just have to keep our fingers crossed. This is an extremely large hotel and has approx 600 rooms whereas the Atlantis has 400 and something.
Anyway i don't feel that we have any choice now as when we booked in September the cost for the holidays were more resonable but now they have got up quite a lot so unless you want to pay extra.
I personally do not think that these companies should be able to advertise the hotel if they do not no what allocation of rooms they have at them.
Its quite crafty really. They only think of themselves and the money and could not care less what happens to the customers.
Believe you me .... you have got a right result!!!

We stayed at the Atlantis in August 2007 and didn't rate it at all.

We stayed at the Limak Lara in August 2008 which was absolutely fabulous (far superior to it's sister hotel).

In December 2008 we tried to re-book the Limak Lara for August 2009, but it was fully booked. So we went for the Voyage Select ..... and have no regrets ... we are going back 03 August 2010 :) so may just bump into you! The only thing I am sceptical about this year is that last year, for some reason, we were upgraded to the main building and this year I don't expect we will be so lucky!! Having said that, we spend so little time in the room it's not a big deal (just quite a lot of walking to the main areas)!!

Having older teenagers, the thing we love about this hotel is the fact that there is an "Adult only" (over 16) pool and restaurant. It is a pleasure to dine in the restaurant in the evening (no rude Russians pushing-in, queueing or screaming kids) and not be bothered by the animators and their "pool games"! Another plus point ... I see from their website this year that they are introducing several international (branded) drinks .... Bacardi, Jack Daniels, Malibu (to name but a few)!!!

Hope you enjoy!

Lorraine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.