Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
shamus wrote:
So if you pay deposit with credit card and remainder on debit card Im sure your credit card will only reinburse what you have paid with them, as when I had booked flights last year for a few family members with xcel and then they folded my credit card company only credited my cards with the payments I made with them.

That is not correct and you should have disputed it.

You only have to pay £100 by credit card for the card company to be liable for the full amount up to £30,000.

The claim is not limited to the amount of the credit card transaction. Customers can claim for all losses caused by the breach of contract or misrepresentation. And this applies even if all they paid by credit card was the deposit.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/31/creditcards-31.htm

luci :wave
Would you get your credit card credited with all the price of the holiday paid straight away or would it take some time? Concerning my flights last year they did credit my card straight away, but if you paid by debit card for most of your holiday wouldnt you have to prove to them the amount you paid. If this is the case it could take sometime getting your money back and you may not have the fumds to book something else, so would miss out in your holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.