Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi Shirley

If you look HERE, you can view the weather conditions for last year :wink:

Pippy :D
We flew to Corfu on May 16 last year, and apart from some light drizel on the day we arrived the weather was beautiful.

We're going on the May 1 this year, and it can't come quickly enough. Late spring/early Summer is a wonderful time in the Ionian. You may get some rain, but the landscape should be amasing and lush with spring flowers still in bloom.
  • Edited by Rich C 2006-03-10 15:50:00
may
we were in St. George South last May about the 15th weather was lovely, I thought it would be cold on an evening, but a light cardi was all that was needed.
Hi Shirley,

We were in Kassiopi 9th - 16th May last year.

The weather was beautiful during the day but we did find the evenings went off cold we needed a coat but towards the end of the week it was getting much warmer at night.

We enjoyed it so much we have just booked to go back again this year 8th - 15th May.
Thanks all. We'll be in Kassiopi 5th - 12th May this year. I'd better invest in a couple of tidy cardis as I was only planning on taking some strappy tops. Thanks for the advice.
may
I just had strappy tope and a cardi on top shirley, inside was warm enouth with just top on. We have also been to Kassiopi. Try and go on the boat from the harbour for the day with Christos, His boat is in the harbour a good day out and reasonable
Thanks bejay. What did the day out on Christos' boat entail?
hi pippy, that was a great weather site you directed me to. Can't blame you for weather, I know but it wasn't really what I wanted to see. Think I'll be packing my umbrella just in case :(
Hi shirley. basically just a boat trip up the coast, think we stoppped of at Kalami for coffee, bit further up the coast had a beach stop and a swim, then stopped off at San Stefanos, we went there also one evening on a boat trip from the harbour for a meal, sat by the watersedge in a taverna. then back into Kassiopi, plastic cups of wine also, the first one tasted a bit ugh, but the second and third tasted better. He is a character, calls all the ladies his wives, not offensive, we enjoyed our day it was not at all expensive either. You can also get the boat into corfu town too
Hi Shirley

Did you look back to previous years? Maybe they were better than last May! :gluck

Pippy :D
Thanks Pippy, I'm going to try and be optimistic. As long as it doesn't rain all week it won't be so bad because we're off to Santorini in August . At least we should be luckier with the weather then.
The weather can be unsettled in May and if it rains it will feel cold! We were last in Corfu nearly 2 years ago in June and it rained solid for 6 days out of 14. There again we have been the first two weeks of May and the last two weeks of October and not seen a cloud so unpredictable is the keyword and be prepared the motto!
Thanks Magster. Thought I'd get away with less luggage than usual as we normally go for a fortnight. Doesn't seem likely though as I'll have to take clothes for all eventualities including jackets and an umbrella.
Just wandering what is there to do in the rain or if the weather's no good for lying around the pool? I suppose we could spend one day browsing Corfu town. Any other suggestions please?
Corfu Town deserves longer than one day for browsing! I love the place and would happily spend weeks browsing if the family would let me.

As to taking umbrella's and things, The locals soon replace the sunglasses stands with macs and umbrella's if the weather is inclement.

When we were caught with all that rain we did a number of things. If it was just drizzling we went walking and as a result discovered places we went returned to when the weather was better. If it was heavy we would often sit in a bar with hot coffees and hot chocolate and watch a film. Our children didn't seem to mind too much.

The one warning I would give to you if the weather is inclement is don't go on any pre-booked boat trips. Insist on a full refund of your money. We had booked a day to Paxos because we had enjoyed it before and were the only boat to sail from Corfu Town that day. We sincerely wish that we hadn't as we got caught in a Force 8 storm and it wasn't funny. It was so bad I insisted that the children wore life jackets. My daughter will still not set foot on a boat as a result of that experience.
we'll be in kavos 8th-15th may, amy weather reports for then for me please?? :)
Hi , went to Corfu may 2nd last year , stayed in st George's South, was raining on the 1st day , 2nd day was like hurricane in the morning but by lunch time Sun came out and it was 25 degrees rest of the week , will be going back 8th May this year for some more Sun, just a wonderful island keep going back twice a year every year
We are going to Sidari on 7 May 2018. We've not been for about 15 years. I wonder how much it will have changed. Last time we went, it was around the same time of year and the weather was spot on, so i'm guessing that with a bit of luck we should get good weather in May again.
I hope the weather is nice too as also flying out the 9th may 2018.
First time in Corfu can you recommend any idillic beaches and lush green walks costal walks?
Enjoy your trip
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.