All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
Hi,

Just back last night from the Hotel Concorde el Salim in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt. Rather large Hotel that is split into two localities. By that I mean the main Hotel area and then they have what is called the Sports area. We stayed in the main area but when I visited the Sports area I noticed they had a large slide into their large pool. This is an AI hotel.

Wilson :wink:
Reviews for Concorde El Salam hotel HERE.

Pippy :D
Thanks Wilson will check it out. Does anybody else have any ideas. Thanks.
First choice are opening aqua beach clubs in crete,kos,rhodes and corfu hope this helps.
Thanks jo03, will be looking out for feedback from them this year.

Wilson was wondering as 2 adults and 2 kids would we all be in the same room in that hotel or are the rooms more apartment style. Thanks.
gill_mag

Not sure to be honest. It was only the wife and I and our room was certainly huge. I know this hotel has family rooms but I am not certain if they are only in the main Hotel or over in what they call the Sports complex. Don't be put off by that name it is really a lovely looking place. Have a look on this link and it may help.

http://www.concordehotels.com/html/art_travelling/select_hotel/index.html

Wilson :wink:
The LTI Grand Azur in Sharm has its own waterslides - and excellent family rooms.
LTI Grand Azur reviews HERE.

I was just gonna suggst the LTI as well pippi - but for me I would talk hubby into Turkey :D . We have just came back from Egypt- it was lovely, relaxing , hotel lovely (hilton sharks Bay) food good , lovely people but i missed Turkey :( :( and its Atmosphere that you just cannot recapture anywhere else :( . Has hubby ever been to Turkey , maybe he has built up the wrong mental image . for me and im sure plenty will back me up it ticks all the boxes.

1. fantastic people that are soooo friendly and really make you laugh.

2. Very clean ( although like anywhere research where you pick)

3. lovely food

4. beautiful scenery, very lush. plenty to see and do

5 still cheaper than many places in med (but not as cheap as used to be)

6. excellent shopping girls :D

7. many hotels with waterslides

8 back to the people. I really missed them this year.
Thanks lynwestie, we've only been to turkey once, about 15 years ago, self catering in bodrum, before kids. Hubby loved it then, I think whats putting him off, is when you read the reviews the good hotels with the slides seem to be remote, and the english seem to be in a minority.
hmmmm yes there is that - I believe those resorts i.e Belek, side , kemer and those served by antalya airport are more "European" and we have always shyed away from that area for that reason but the reviews are always so good :D :D . . there are some really good A/I in Olu Deniz which is very "british" i.e club sun city , Belcekiz beach, olu deniz resort hotel - they all have a great atmosphere and get good reviews and are in the resort centre. but unfortunately dont have waterslides. our children have had there best holidays in Olu Deniz. :D :D . they always make loads of english friends and the turkish staff play football/ watergames with them and generally make a fuss of them. theres lykia world which does have waterslides but its "full board" and again more isolated. I would prefer to be around the turkish atmosphere :D :D the ones suggested in Egypt will also be isolated i think :( :( . how about pegasus palace or Aqua fantasy but again more isolated and mixed reviews. first choice seem be be building a lot more of these "complex" type hotels with waterslides etc but i think your find most of them off the beaten track.

lyn
look at The Petra Mare Hotel in Lerepetra, Crete, we went last year and had a fab time, three waterslides, right on beach and AI. Read my review n this site
Shazzie t
Hi shazzie, is it isolated or is it in a resort.
You can read reviews for the Petra Mare Hotel HERE and resort reports HERE.

try the sun zeynep at belek
turkey
We stayed at the Sun Zeynep last June and we are returning Aug this year. My mum and Dad also went last June, then again in Sep 05, and they fly out again next week and have also booked for Oct this year. The hotel is great! read the reviews on this hotel!!
Hi gill
I think you are right, Turkey and Sharm seem to offer the best selection of AI hotels with waterslides. We stayed at the LTI Grand Azure last year in a Junior Suite but this was just one large room with rollaway beds for the children. It wasn't too far away from Naama Bay town and the hotel ran a shuttle bus service. Have also stayed in a two room apartment at the Hotel Kaya in Side (which wasn't too remote) and had a couple of slides and at Lykia World in Olu Deniz (which is full board with wine, beer and soft drinks included at lunch and dinner). Lykia is only a short and inexpensive taxi ride from the town. There are also quite a high percentage of English guests there because it is offered by all the UK Tour Operators. We are returning there in a couple of weeks time. You could also check out the Topkapi Palace near Antalya http://www.wowhotels.com/topkapi/ (Thomas Cook) as this has a very impressive array of slides plus wave pool and small lazy river, I believe, and the family rooms are duplex style with integral upstairs bedroom and shower room for the children.

Otherwise the Aqua Fantasy Hotel in Kusadasi has free access to the adjacent waterpark (First Choice) and the Maritim Pine Beach Resort and Club in Belek (Thomas Cook) has 8 waterslides http://www.pinebeachcity.com or the Hotel Delphin Palace, Lara Beach (Thomas Cook again) http://www.delphinpalace.com opened last year and has inter-connecting family rooms and 5 waterslides and even a small ferris wheel! Lastly there is, of course, First Choice's infamous Pegasos Palace/Pegasos Tropical complex which is bound to be predominently English.

Good luck - maybe you can persuade your husband to consider Turkey after all.
Finally talked hubby into turkey. Going to Club Asteria Belek in June, has mixed reviews but looks excellent on website.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.