Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I hope the weather forecast web sites are wrong or we are in for 1 wet holiday :( , we fly out Sunday
I'm going to Sousse on Tuesday Joy and the forecast on Accuweather isn't cheering me up much either, but being British I always take an umbrella and Tunisian storms can be quite spectacular. Hope you have a lovely holiday anyway.
Hi Joy and Aslemma. I am in Sousse as I write, experiencing the joys of an internet cafe. Please dont panic, weather has been a bit patchy here today with rain and cloud, but unlike the UK its not an all day thing and the showers although they have been sharp have also been extremely short! The past few days have been glorious with wall to wall sunshine so dont worry. I am a sun worshipper and am extremely tanned already. As we all know the weather is fickle so although you might get rained on a bit, youll also end up lovely and brown too. Enjoy your hols both of you!
Bless you for trying to cheer us up. Unfortunately the forecast shows more than a few showers for the next couple of weeks, in fact frequent thunderstorms are mentioned, but at least they can be spectacular as I know only too well. I wasn't planning to spend a lot of time on the beach, but just to sit in an outdoors cafe and wander through the medina without having to splash through the puddles. :rofl I know it has been an extremely hot summer out there and was hoping for good weather but I know it can't be guaranteed and I'm sure we'll manage to get some sunshine as well inshallah and I always enjoy myself in Sousse.
Hiya
I have to admit we are panicking a bit! We are flying in tomorrow morning for 10 days and it's very depressing to see the storm clouds looming on all of the weather forecasts!! We have everything firmly crossed and we hope that you are right soussegirl and that any bad weather will be shortlived, but we are choked to think that the holiday we have looked forward to and saved so hard for for so long could be a washout!
We're packing the playing cards and the yahtzee!!

Maggie
I hope you have a lovely time Maggie. I look forward to reading your review of the hotel when you get back. :sun2
Looking at the forecasts for the week of 26th October and it is not inspiring much confidence - possibly rain on arrival and for 1-2 days in that week.
Temps around 21-23 :(
Rijan, hi. We hope to be in Tunisia from the 28th, and I have been watching the weather every so often. What I don't understand is, that checking 4 or 5 different websites I can get 4 or 5 different temperatures, often theres 5 degrees of difference. Very strange, and it's not easy to decide on what clothes to take!
Well i am going on 25th Oct, and definately not taking wellies or raincoats , will be taking cardigans , if the weather is that bad we wont go far , but probably still venture out , will take a umbrella just in case . If the sun shines it will be a bonus for the time of year we are going , have never been this late . For all of us going about the same time have a great holiday .
Digby I know what you mean!
Temps range from 19-24C and even worse daily conditions range from "partially/mostly sunny" to "rain with possibility of thunderstorm" for the same day depending on which site you visit!

Llindy I hear you, but when the plan was to head "someplace warm" it is a little galling although obviously I am sure all of us will try to make the best of it [just less time making sandcastles when it is cold/wet!]

I agree though - light jackets and jumpers hopefully just for the evenings! [although perversely all sites seem to agree that it is about 19C in the evenings]
Thanks, Llindy. Hope we all do have a great holiday. I'm afraid I will not be taking jumpers, as even in summer I need all my 20kgs. of luggage,but I will take a cardigan. As I stay in the Scottish islands I don't think I will feel the cold too much, used enough to it here. I will also take a pashmina just incase and also the trusted umbrella. If it does get very cold I am sure I can buy something, but anyway, looking on the bright side, maybe the weather will be better than expected. Rijan, I hear you too. I still blame the holiday firms for saying in their brochures that weather will be 27 deg. just to sell their holidays. Enjoy.
I'm sure you'll have a lovely holiday ladies and just remember you can get some lovely pashminas in Tunisia.
Thanks for that, Aslemma. Have been thinking about pashminas for christmas gifts and as I found I was quite good at haggling when I was in Turkey, I look forward to getting a bargain or two to replace in the case, all the toiletries I'll be leaving behind.
Whats the weather like at the end of May/1st week June - we are going back to Marhaba Palace - stayed at New Year for a week and loved it - the weather then was very nice and mostly sunny/warm during the day which was a pleasant surprise.
I am going to tunisia 8th september please can you tell me is it hot as i do like a good tan
The weather should be ideal for both of you: still hot and sunny without the oppressive heat you can get in July and August.
Accuweather, which I've always used to check the forecast for the following fortnight, has changed its layout and seems to have moved. After quite a bit of delving I've now found it at:

http://www.accuweather.com/en-gb/AFR/TN/TS018/Sousse/Forecast2.aspx

Those going in the next couple of weeks had better pack plenty of suncream!! :sun2
Hi everyone, just booked for a week at beginning December at Royal Kenz, was just wondering what the weather is like i.e. a lot of rain, i know it won't be mega hot.
Hey everyone

going back to the Abou Sofiane middle Sept and coming back begining Oct, just wondering what the weather was like at this time? Is it still sunbathe/swim weather?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.