Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
So much appreciated Big Paul. so good to see this thread up and running again for our daily fix.
Brilliant reports.

8 weeks today and counting :sun2
Yeah so good for us to have our daily weather report again, and just as the season is about to start again. Thanks Big Paul :thanks :tup
Hisaronu Koyu near Marmaris

12.15pm local time
Air Temp: 19.7c

Sunbed Temp: 38.4c

Scattered cloud but mostly sunny. Wind light.

As the wind has dropped I'm off on my boat fishing! Hooray!!

12pm local time

Air Temp. 17.3c
Sunbed Temp: 21c

Mostly cloudy today and breezy (SW). A lot cooler today. Wouldn't be surprised at a bit of rain later. The clouds are building over the mountains.

Just back from Köşem Restaurant at the top of our road having had a superb Turkish breakfast (10TL each) followed by a bit of veg. shopping from the local open air market at Değirmenyanı.
Thanks for taking the time out to post reports, good to see this back again and I'm sure many lurkers to the forum will appreciate it too.

13.00 Local time

Air temp: 19.7c
Sunbed temp: 35.5c

Sunny, warm with scattered cloud - gentle breeze.

Marmaris town seems to have stepped up a gear today - everyone is very busy getting ready for the season.....but will they finish in time?
Major works around the harbour/marina areas.

12 noon local time

Air Temp: 19c
Sunbed Temp: 27c

Fair bit of cloud about, sunny intervals, gentle breeze.

I've been posting photos in the media section - so click 'view my media' and see photos from and around our village and home. I'll add as I take more.

1.30 pm local time

Air Temp: 19.2c
Sunbed Temp: 38.5c

Hazy sunshine but cloud clearing slowly, warm but breezy.

...and I'm cleaning the swimming pool!
This is brilliant, daily weather reports, just what I need. We are going to Icmeler on 15 April and we were a bit worried about the weather as we have never been so early. Am feeling more reassured now.
Definitely, Same here! off to Calis on 11th April, and was worried its way too early - but has to be better than work and the UK :)
Love your weather reports Big Paul . I am useless with weather so i know i may sound dumb but
what is the difference of air and sunbed told you i'm dumb
norton-girl wrote:
what is the difference of air and sunbed

Air temperature is the temperature of the air, more the official temperature that is taken out of direct sunlight (ambient air temperature). Sun bed temperature is what you would experience if you were on the sunbed in direct sun, ie baking! That accounts for the difference. Official temperatures are taken in a controlled way rather than in direct sunlight as the difference is often large and not a true reflection. People will often see a weather forecast of say 20c and think it was way hotter than that, it can't have been that. Yes, it may feel hotter than that in the baking sun, but that's not a true reflection of the temperature. Temperatures for recording purposes are always taken away from direct sunlight to prevent the burning effect of the sun influening it. 20c at 10am in the morning will feel a lot different than say 24c at lunchtime. It may only be 4c on the scale, but could be 10, even 20 degree difference on the sunbed.

Darren

12 noon, local time

Air Temp: 19c
Sunbed Temp: 19.8c

Cloudy, we've had a bit of drizzle but warm. Winds calm.

April weather can be a bit mixed, so fingers crossed for everyone. Evening temps are picking up nicely so soon I can have supper as well as breakfast and lunch out on the terrace.

Thanks Dazbo for explaining the 2 temperature readings.
Great to see the weather topic back up and running again. Thank you Paul.

2pm local time

Air temp: 18.5c
Sunbed Temp: 28c

Cloudy, overcast but warm. Feels close maybe thunder about?

We had rain yesterday but not too much

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 18.4c
Sunbed Temp: 19.4c

An overcast day with dark clouds over the bay which may bring in some rain later. Breezy (N/NW) and a little cooler than the last couple of days. So no fishing for me again!

UPDATE 14.40 local time.

Rain and thunder storm. Looks to be settled in for some time.
Gumbet - heavy rain today and this morning but brighter now. Sitting by the sea - need a sweatshirt on.

Jak xx

Sorry it's late! 15.50pm local time

Air Temp: 17c
Sunbed Temp: 17.2c

Heavy rain, cloudy but calm. Cool.

Rained over night, again this morning, 2 hours of no rain and now back to rain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.