Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I'm due at Lara Beach on Thu 14th April for a week, weather looks decidedly dodgy of late in that region, anyone know if it's due to pick up by then? :que
Thanks Jak & Paul for taking the time to do this - hope it picks up a bit soon! x
Hisaronu Koyu near Marmaris

12.45pm local time

Air Temp: 18c
Sunbed Temp: 27c

Light cloud and sunny. Strong breeze keeping it feeling cool.

April time for holidays can be a bit hit or miss but at least everything is fresh and green and not brown, dry, dusty and tired like in August!
Instead of trying to sun bathe why not get out and about and discover some of the sights and places outside of the tourist resorts. Rent a car and go for it!
Gumbet today is lovely - air temp is 19 degrees but feels warmer, people are sunbathing!
Gumbet Jakki wrote:
Gumbet today is lovely - air temp is 19 degrees but feels warmer, people are sunbathing!

That's good to hear Jakki, about time weather was hotting up in Turkey! :sun2

11.30am local time

Air Temp: 17.3c
Sunbed Temp: 28.7c

Started clear and sunny but a few clouds bubbling up now. Mainly sunny and very warm Wind calm.

......and I'm re-grouting the swimming pool.....too hot!
Come on sun, we fly out to Lykia World olu Deniz tomorrow morning :cheers
Sunbed temp: topped out at 44.3c today!

It's been very sunny and, in the sun, very warm.

We had a grumble of thunder and a few spots of rain about 4pm.

12 noon - local time

Air Temp: 19.5c
Sunbed Temp: 35.4c

Scattered cloud but sunny and warm. Light breeze.

.....and the jeep safaris have begun :( that'll be hundreds of empty water bottles all along the roadside again. :(

12.30pm - local time

Air Temp: 17.5c
Sunbed Temp: 42.3c

Cloudless sky, warm, sunny, gentle breeze.

Rain and thunderstorm yesterday afternoon, so evening was damp and chilly.
Haven't got myself set up with a thermometer but today in Gumbet was lovely - strappy t-shirt weather (for the girls that is LOL). It's sunbathing weather - and will get hotter as the days go by!

Hopefully will be able to update more regularly now as managed to get internet access at the house - only a weak signal but it works!

Jak xx

11.45 am local time

Sunbed Temp: 20c

Cloudy but sun is trying to break through. Gentle breeze

11.00am - local time

Air Temp: 17.6c
Sunbed Temp: 29.7c

Scattered cloud, sunny. Wind calm.

Forecast sites seem to be changing all the time - weather seems very unsettled. Thunderstorm forecast for us later! :que
here is hoping weather is getting better we arrive in Marmaris on Friday for 7 days . It has been gloreous here these last few
days even hit 21 yesterday not much cooler today
Paul, you posted on 8th April:

Sunbed Temp: 42.3c

Is this a mistake or is the sunbed temp really hitting the low 40's already?
SunSeeker2011 wrote:
Is this a mistake or is the sunbed temp really hitting the low 40's already?

It was nearly that in my garden over the weekend! It's the air temperature that is the real temperature. Readings in direct sunlight can be misleading although you'll soon bake in that heat!

Darren
Darren is correct. The sunbed temperature is taken in direct sun which is not the accurate way to measure the real temperature but it shows what you are exposed to if you are out walking, sitting or sunbathing.
Best so far was just over 45c a few days ago.
The high temperatures are only brief at the moment around 2 - 3pm each afternoon but soon they will be staying up there for longer and reaching them quicker!

15.00pm local time

Air Temp: 18.3c
Sunbed Temp: 35.5c

Clear, blue sky and sunny. Gusty N wind making it a little chilly in the wind.
Same as for Gumbet - sunny and bright but a little chilly in the breeze. Went into Bodrum and actually wore a cardigan while walking round.

Jak xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.