Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
And if you're lucky enough to be hopping on the ferry across from Rhodes to Symi, look:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/GRXX0066?x=22&letter=S&y=14
Whats the weather generally like in May? only been in July and September is it chilly on a night ? cheers in advance going in two weeks and cant wait to get back Jan :)
Is anyone out in Lindos at the moment and can tell me what the weather is like?
It does look like it's picking up for next week, but I can't really think these wunderground thing is all that accurate.

It says Glasgow is 15c, LOL.............if that's what it is here, I wouldn't like to see it at 20c as we'd be melting. It's lovely and nowhere near 15c, although my car which is in the shade did come up with that. Out in the open, it's way more than that. I'd honestly add 5c on any sunny weather on those reports.

FD
Hi guys! Whats the weather like in Ixia/Rhodes Town at the moment?
Just returned after being in Lindos for 2 weeks and we only had 1 overcast day. Everyday it was in the high 70's and was perfect holiday weather.

I have never been a big lover of these weather sites as I have never found them correct!.
Would like to return to Rhodes at the end of October, has anyone been at this time of the year
and tell me what the weather is like, obviously not as good as the summer months , but would it be shorts and t shirt for the day and jacket/cardigan long trousers for the evenings.

thank you
Lynne.
I always go late October. In previous years the weather has been lovely, really hot. Last year there was some rain but we still swam in the sea and it certainly wasn't cold. With all this talk of climate change I suppose we can't guarantee anything but I'm still going in October this year. Not long to wait now!!!!! The only thing that may put you off is the fact that the whole island is slowly shutting down for the winter then.
thanks for your reply AnneJ60b, things winding up or closing down wouldn't really spoil things
for us , as we love just geting out and about walking . Lets hope i can get a fair price now , as it has to be in school holidays .

Enjoy your hols
Thanks Llindy, hope you get something sorted out.Love your Welsh dragon by the way, as a patriotic Welsh woman!Am I right in thinking you stayed at the Helena? Many hotels will also be closing and it's not unknown for them to decide to move you halfway through your holiday.Blue Sky and the Alexia should still be open. Blue Sky is all year round I think and Alexia stays open until early November.
Hello Boys and girls

I go to Lindos every year I am out there at all different times of the summer. This year I will be out there for 3 weeks starting 8th sept. then again 12 days starting 16th oct. My point being that the temperature in Lindos is more often than not 2-3 degrees warmer than the rest of the island. I am glad aswell because I plan weddings for people there and having good weather is a must. Make sure you visit there for a reasonably hot day in October.

Richard
Anne, we stayed at the belvedere beach in august , what made you think it was the Helena ?
We found Lindos too hot in August , so maybe october would be better, but it looks as though we might be booking Ixia, the prices are coming up reasonable , and its easy access to the town. The weather would only be a bonus , its the people and the whole area that is drawing us back .

Lynne
Hi Llindy. Don't know why I thought Helena. :whoops Ixia will also be good, a nice walk along the coast into the town if you feel like it. I've been going to Rhodes for 25 years, such lovely people and even now there's always somewhere I haven't seen before.Hope you get a holiday.
Just come off the phone to Rhodes. They tell me it's very overcast, spotting rain and thunder rumbling round the hills.Still warm though!!
Not in Kalithies it didnt.Blue skies all day. No rain
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.