Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Re: WEATHER Q&As
123 Posts
looks like it picks up from thursday, will check back tomorrow for fridays weather...grrrr
Weather looks awful this week over there, worse than in the UK, hope it improves next week.
tinymcfc wrote:
looks like it picks up from thursday, will check back tomorrow for fridays weather...grrrr

Last Saturday it was a glorious 37 degrees in my village in the Dobrudzha, Sunday was a major shock to the system with temperatures falling to 12/13 degrees, with thunderstorms, some rain and a cutting wind. Monday was just as cold but also featured torrential rain for most of the day.

Coming down to Varna on Tuesday, it was immediately a jacket warmer and yesterday was dry and cloudy but with sunny intervals - temperature around 20/21 degrees.

This morning (Thursday) there is some cloud (at 7 a.m.) but the forecast indicates sunny intervals and a maximum of 24 degrees in the coastal resorts.

The local forecast predicts temperatures of 26/27 degrees for Saturday & Sunday in the Burgas area - any forecasts beyond a few days are, at best, educated guesswork.

Baldur

<Edit> Tonight's Nova TV forecast (at 8 p.m. Bulgarian time) until next Tuesday not looking so good, especially for the southern coastal areas - Sunday and Monday dry but cloudy, with a possibility of rain on the other days.
We are off on Thursday and having been checking the weather and it isn't looking too good :(
Arrived back yesterday, after a fortnight in Northern Bulgaria. The weather was fairly normal for this early in the season - a couple of heavy thunderstorms in the first week but becoming increasingly hot by the end of the week (29 degrees C in the shade at 10:20 on Saturday morning). Even the Bulgarians were saying that it was 'mnogo goreshto' (very hot).

In general, forget any forecast beyond a few days ahead, as they are only 'best guesses'.
What is the weather like now, we arrive in Sunny Beach on monday???
I've been checking the weather in varna and it seems very inconcsistent (one day thunderstorm, the other sunny)! Has it always been like that over there?
Im going in august 11, hope it wont be this volatile!
Hey holiday count down 7 days to go... I have been checking the weather as a friend at university is Bulgarian and she mentioned they have been having bad weather... So i have been checking and man the weather is shocking over there!!

Is there anybody over there at the moment that can suggest can good or bad it has actually been???

Thanks

D
Hi.Flew into Varna yesterday (26th July). Landed at 4.30pm as delayed due to not enough people to refule planes at Gatwick. Cloudy but very hot. Am staying just outside of Varna. Power went off at around 6pm last night and then had a what I would describe as a tropical storm which lasted abut 45mins. Trees were blown into the road and power was off in the village until early hours of this morning. Today has been hot then some cloud late afternoon, rain arrived for about 20 mins around 7pm. My friends garden has never looked so green with the amount of rain they have had this year.Very up and down this year. Nels
am looking to go to golden sands 1/2 term week in may but it depends on what the weather will be like any tips greatly received
thanks in advance
iloveholidays1703 wrote:
am looking to go to golden sands 1/2 term week in may but it depends on what the weather will be like any tips greatly received

What's the weather likely to be in your home area during that week? It's an impossible question to answer.

The following link shows historical data for the period 28th May to 5th June from 1997 to 2010 for the Varna area, which would include Golden Sands.

HTH

Baldur
Off to Nessebar on the 4th June for 7 days, what's the weather like?
Can anyone give me info on weather in late sept early October ?
Egor08 wrote:
Can anyone give me info on weather in late sept early October ?

Any weather forecast beyond a few days is, at best, an educated guess - what's the weather likely to be in your home area at that time of year?

You can see 10 year historical weather data for the last week of September, first week of October in the Burgas area HERE.

Baldur
Anyone know what the weather is like at the moment? Or what its expected to be like by 8/7? Im going then and getting mixed reports! i know its very early and you cant really guess but whats it usually like around this time?

:sun2

Thanks
PS Just looked at your thing Baldur and put my week in... Looks like a lot of rain :cry
Hi what is the weather like in sunny beach in september and is it cold in the evenings :
We went mid September last year and the weather was fantastic and still warm in the evening but....a lot of locals said it was a freak week and that normally it is much cooler. Sorry I cant be of more help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.