Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
how hot is it
123 Posts
You were given information about the Fiesta HERE, and as for the weather, all things being equal it should be very hot at this time of year.

Don't believe everything you read about Sunny Beach, it's very safe for children and thousands of people of all nationalities return year after year.

Peter
** Edit - to delete post in phone style text. Please re-post in standard text. luci HT Mod **
Just back from Albena! Weather was fantastic - 34-35 degrees if not warmer! We had a couple of dull days but to be honest we were glad of a we break from the sun!
Please help can't find the link to tell me what the weather is like in September, we go on the 19th :(
Try the links on Page 1 of this topic.

luci :wave
The heavy rain and snowing in most of Bulgaria that started on the night of November 17-18 kept creating infrastructural problems on November 19, mediapool.bg reported. Hundreds of houses have been flooded. There were serious traffic problems. Three mines stopped working and the ports in Varna and Bourgas were closed.
Hi Sally,

Welcome to the board.
The heavy rain and snowing in most of Bulgaria that started on the night of November 17-18 kept creating infrastructural problems on November 19, mediapool.bg reported. Hundreds of houses have been flooded. There were serious traffic problems. Three mines stopped working and the ports in Varna and Bourgas were closed.

Sorry, I totally fail to see what a partially regurgitated news report from November 2007 has to do with the most recent question:
Please help can't find the link to tell me what the weather is like in September, we go on the 19th

It would have been equally irrelevant to post about the 2007 summer heatwave. ;)

Baldur
Going to book a two week break to Sunny Beach, for July this year!

Only problem is, the boyfriend is moaning about....... the WEATHER, of all things to moan about. He thinks its not going to be hot enough as its not - " a Mediterranean climate'.

We have been Majorca and Tenerife, and he is saying its not going to be as hot as these two places.

:duh he is really annoying me, as I really want to visit Sunny Beach, can anyone help win him around? :think
See HERE for detailed weather history for the Burgas/Sunny Beach area for 1st-14th July since 1996. The average high temperature, since 1996, over the whole of July is 28C with absolute maximums of between 32C and 40C.

Adjust the dates on the website's 'trip planner' (right-hand side of page) for your own proposed travel dates.
Would you say its hotter in July or August? :sun2
The historical average temperature is the same for both months (28C). July was hotter in 2007 in the North-East - I don't go to the Sunny Beach area, but that was an unusually hot year, with many areas of Bulgaria subject to drought conditions.
we have been to sunny beach several times,always end july begining august and the weather has been
really hot each time .you get the odd thunder storm but they soon pass.I don't think your boyfriend
should worry. :sun2
Hi I am going to Sunny Beach on the 15th of May for a week, just wondering is the weather normally nicce that time of year? :sun2

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the board!

You'll find weather history for the Burgas/Sunny Beach area, for the week 15th-22nd May, since 1997 HERE.

There's a 98% chance of the weather being over 60 degrees Fahrenheit/16 degrees Celsius, with an average high temperature of 21 Celsius/69.8 Fahrenheit.

Baldur
Hi Baldur,

Thanks very much for that :tup
Hi, we are going to Sunny Beach on 5th September for 2 weeks and are wondering what the evening temperature will be like, do we need a jacket or just a cardigan, hubby likes to wear long shorts and sandals - will he be warm enough or should he pack long trousers and shoes?
Thanks in advance.
No worrries maybe cardigan or jumper can still be warm during day ,night time a little cooler .But who cares indoor in one of many great pubs and eateries with great entertainment .
Hey people, booked a while ago and am eventually on Monday, excited but also apprehensive. I've been checking the weather a sunny beach for the past few weeks and its been sun, sun, sun. However checking it now and from Monday (!) it looks like thunder storms and rain, absolutely gutted. Any chance the weather will pickup? Whats the general weather like for mid-sept?

Cheers
We're flying out on Mon 14th September, never been to Bulgaria before, is it advisable to pack jeans and something warm or will summer clothing be adequate?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.