Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
samtheboater wrote:
Rain in Candolim today

Yes and much needed,been getting a little hot lately,hopefully will help to clear the air a little :tup besides it didnt rain untill tonight
just for a few hours and been a great day on the beach :sun2
and in Calangute it was bucketing down,me and little Dragon HAD to take shelter in the Why Not,by chance there was a quiz on :think ,so won that ,another bottle of honey bee to add to the collection :rofl :rofl
Surprised you arent banned. :rofl :rofl
Was it easier than your quiz?
Whats the weather like in Candolim? :sun2 Arrive in 3 weeks! :)
Well, if it's like Colva, it's 34c hot and sunny :)
Weather link given on 1st page is not working.
Lovely weather at the moment hot and sunny and not too much humidity yet...

John
Wouldn't say I am jealous (but I am). First dry day we have had today for about a week, severe flooding everywhere. Looking forward to December though so I can get some more sunshine.
its been freezing here in somerset!! although it was belting sunshine this afternoon.. we havent had a lot of rain
chilly
Quick update to this thread, we arrived mid October and the weather was very good, only had a few showers mainly in the late evening/very early mornings, :tup November we waited for the normal massive thunder storm to announce the end of the rains but it never came however we did have a few overcast days early in the month and wet early mornings :que but nothing that bad seeing as we was supposed to be hit by the tail end of the cyclone from Chennai also we did have a few very chilly evenings near the end of the month even put a blanket on the bed for a couple of days :rofl

December has been great so far about 34c in the day time and around 20c in the evenings :tup but still a bit sticky due to humidity some evenings or is that the alcohol :rofl

The best xrate I have seen today was 86.50 for a £1 on the street boards in Calangute
The weather in January was as it should be, hot in the day and pleasant in the evenings, February was the same until the middle of the month when we had a big storm in the the night and the humidity shot up making it very sticky until March when it became really nice again, even now over half way through April the weather is brilliant and the humidity is still very low for the time of year

The seasonal shacks, restaurants and bars have been disappearing everyday during April, especially in the Candolim area also a lot of places in the Calangute / Baga area are closing this weekend so it looks like no more 280 rupee fillet steak meals for me until next season, looks like it will be curry or kebabs in the local places until we return to the UK end of May

Still a quiet a lot of people about, Anjuna was fairly busy on Wednesday afternoon however some of the stalls had packed up for the season, don't think we will do the night markets tonight but might go next week for the last night

The Xrate has dropped a bit to 82.5 for £1
I was definitely surprised at the lack of humidity this month. Very pleasant weather :)
For all you people in Sunny England, just like to tell everyone that it's hardly stopped raining for the last 3 days... Yes, the monsoon has arrived and you just have to time your trips outside carefully otherwise you get a tad wet.
Well we may have seen the last of the monsoon rains, last few days have been good, so fingers crossed its time for the sun cream and shades.

For those who want to know what the weather may be like you could have a look here :

http://www.poipleshadow.com/Weather-10-October-Goa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.