Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We are off to the Maripins in Malgrat on 29th June - anyone know what the weather is like there at the moment. Hope it will be warmer than it is here?
Hi from a sunny Pineda del Mar. Well I say sunny but, this morning we were waiting for the train to Malgrat today just at the start of a downpour. When the train pulled into Malgrat it was still chucking it down so there was no way we were getting of as there was no shelter on the platform we pulled into so we stayed on till Blanes, and caught the next train back. By that time the rain had stopped so we got off at the place we were heading for on outset.
Pipefitter.
Weather warm and sunny today as was yesterday but a chance of heavy showers.
Weather great, no rain yesterday.Very warm today Saturday.
In a word, HOT! It was 35C today in Girona and is forecast to be 37C tomorrow. It is still 27C at 9pm.

luci :wave
Anyone got any experience of Estartit Spain in early September?? What is the weather like? Is it beach & pool weather still,
can we expect to get a tan?? We went in 2010 and the weather was great obviously but very dubious of going in September
because of the weather. What has happened to Estartit? It was thriving once but has gone really quiet these days, any info on
the weather in Sept would be greatly appreciated, thanks
hi john100....we used to go salou usually mis sept to mid oct.....same neck of the woods....weather is still hot and sunny....pool and beach weather....we have been 2nd/3rd week in oct and during the day its still been hot and sunny.....there is a bit more chance of rain and cooler evenings in oct....but early to mid sept is nice time to go....still hot and sunny but a lot cheaper as children back in school....tweetie
Hi Tweetie, thanks for the reply, yes we are hoping it will be very warm and sunny, we weny June 2010 and the weather was
great, we also went to Salou last week in October 2010 but it was not really that hot, it was pleasnt enough but not sunbathing
weather, thats what we are hoping for in Estartit in September, John
we went to the maripins hotel in june ,great holiday .the weather was rubbish,is it normal to be so bad ,we went on the 3rd of june to the 18th . is the first week of july any better ,or was the weather unusual for june we want to book to go again next year . thanks :que
Estartit is very nice in September, pretty comparable with mid/late May to be honest, times of the year i used to visit. Temps of mid to high 20's still pretty common
Well I am seriously thinking about going back after quite a few years away from the Costa Brava and coach travel . I am thinking of going for the New Year, Ferris offers holidays at this time to Lloret and Calella, I was wondering what the weather would or could be like at this time of year , obviously we wouldn't expect sunbathing on the beach or around the pool , but don't want to have to take big heavy winter coats , we went to Benidorm for New Year 2014 , weather was glorious but we didn't like the resort .
i have never taken more than a fleece whatever time of year as when i have gone the weather has never been that bad,but i do check the forecast before i go. did get snow one year, not at new year, but that was the exception.
general rule of thumb is that the temperature there will be around 10 degreesF above London temperatures.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.