Holiday Truths Forum

It is currently Jul 25th, '14, 15:58

WEATHER & WEBCAM LINKS and Q&As ... please post here

    Author     Message
PostPosted: Jun 25th, '05, 10:34 
Offline
Member
User avatar
Joined:10th May 2004
Posts:11078
For current conditions, weather forecasts, or to view historical conditions by specific date, PLEASE CLICK HERE.

If you don't believe the forecasters and want to check current conditions for yourself, PLEASE CLICK HERE or HERE for regularly updated webcam views.

To reduce repetition across the forum, please post any weather enquiries here in this topic, and feel free to provide any additional useful links for weather information or webcam views.

Many thanks
David :wave

_________________
Entry requirements for visitors to the US ................. please click here for more details.



 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 14th, '05, 07:54 
Offline
Member
Joined:7th May 2004
Posts:109
Location:Somerset
Roger

There are 2 webcams in Lloret, the first at the beach:

http://www.lloretguia.com/cam/cam1.html

and the second at the Savoy Hotel:

http://www.hotelsavoylloret.com/webcam/


Unfortunately, they're not working at present, and haven't been for some weeks :(

- Tony -



 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep 27th, '05, 09:18 
Offline
Member
User avatar
Joined:25th Feb 2005
Posts:986
Location:South Coast
Gender:Male
have a look here.
http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/Spain/Barcelona.htm
you can get 10 day forecast up till 01/10/05



PostPosted: Sep 29th, '05, 08:41 
Offline
Member
Joined:7th May 2004
Posts:109
Location:Somerset
Back online for the first time since 2nd September:

http://www.infotossa.com/an/webcam.htm

- Tony -



PostPosted: Apr 5th, '06, 23:56 
Offline
Member
Joined:30th Aug 2004
Posts:503
Location:Lancashire
Gender:Female
http://www.costabrava-rentals.co.uk/web ... recast.php

http://www.infotossa.com/ct/webcam.htm

Its wonderful to see the deserted beaches come to life on the webcams, i look every day, even in winter, it seem to be nice weather at the moment, doe'snt it make you want to be there when you see it

Rosie



 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 28th, '07, 13:37 
Offline
Member
Joined:8th May 2004
Posts:892
The webcams and the Weather Channel website always seem to contradict!

Girona forecast

Estartit Webcam

Worth keeping an eye on .... every time i look at the forecast it's quite grim, but the webcam looks totally different!! :lol:



 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr 28th, '07, 14:15 
Offline
Member
User avatar
Joined:25th Feb 2005
Posts:986
Location:South Coast
Gender:Male
just looking at same thing for lloret.
all forecasts say its raining but got this webcam view a few minutes ago

http://www.lloret.net/wetter/cam/cafeole.jpg

and it looks fine to me.

also been talking to friend there who says its a bit overcast but sun has been out and it was about 25 earlier, so i suppose we just hope.

for info there are also people on beach at tossa

http://www.ddgi.cat/wcamtos/image_CAM1.jpg



PostPosted: Feb 22nd, '09, 09:26 
Offline
Member
Joined:6th May 2004
Posts:1448
Going last week in May! Is weather likely to be sunny? The reason I ask is because we've been quite a few times on holiday in the last week in May and usually got good weather. This is to places like Benidorm, Majorca, Ibiza etc. However I know the Costa Brava is more North than these places and I was wondering if the weather is generally the same as somewhere like Benidorm?



PostPosted: Feb 22nd, '09, 11:15 
Offline
Member
User avatar
Joined:25th Feb 2005
Posts:986
Location:South Coast
Gender:Male
normally i would expect the temperature to be slightly lower than benidorm, but still warm enough to sunbathe.
have a look here under the "wetter statistics" for information on the last few years temperatures.
for 15 day forecasts have a look here.these seem fairly accurate, and you can change the location to eg lloret



PostPosted: Feb 22nd, '09, 17:46 
Offline
Member
Joined:6th May 2004
Posts:1448
thanks



PostPosted: Apr 19th, '09, 11:57 
Offline
Member
Joined:22nd Jul 2004
Posts:431
Here is a link to some webcams which should keep people going. This one doesn't have any info on weather statistics though, so we'll have to wait for that one!!

http://www.playawebcams.com/webcams/fot ... rava&isla=

The Lloret webcam has been stuck on night time for a couple of days now. They normally get it up and running again fairly quick so I would expect it to be back to normal fairly soon.

I've also noticed that when using the above link that the camera with the beach named 'Webcam Costa Brava Santa Margarita Canales' seems to show an image from 2007. This beach can be viewed real time using this link instead:-

http://www.roses.net/webcam/wc2.asp

and the Tossa De Mar webcam can be found here:-

http://www.infotossa.com/cat/camweb/sec ... seccion=31

Cheers
Mark



PostPosted: Apr 19th, '09, 21:55 
Offline
Member
User avatar
Joined:15th Apr 2009
Posts:241
This is just a page with a few webcams on it, plus a link to local weather ... if you have any more cams, i'll add them to the page :)

Costa Brava Webcams



PostPosted: Apr 23rd, '09, 08:47 
Offline
Member
User avatar
Joined:15th Apr 2009
Posts:241
Looking at the cams, so many small yachts on the beach at CDP today, must be some sort of race on!!!



PostPosted: May 1st, '09, 07:35 
Offline
Member
Joined:6th May 2004
Posts:1448
Going to Tossa for whit week and looking at the forecasts now it seems lovely and warm in the day (24*) then dropping to about 10* at night. Will this be a bit warmer in a few weeks?
Cheers



PostPosted: May 1st, '09, 09:23 
Offline
HT Administrator
Joined:2nd May 2004
Posts:14621
Gender:Female
We came back from Tossa last Saturday and the weather during the day was lovely. Bit cooler on the evenings and we did pop inside the hotel from sitting on the terrace as there was a bit of a cool breeze. I would imagine it will be fine the end of May as your hitting June. Take a light cardi or thin jacket just incase :tup

_________________
PLEASE REMEMBER TO ADD ALL YOUR HOTEL REVIEWS HERE



PostPosted: May 1st, '09, 10:20 
Offline
Member
User avatar
Joined:15th Apr 2009
Posts:241
Light jacket or fleece advised for night as it can be a little cooler



PostPosted: May 1st, '09, 11:12 
Offline
Member
Joined:6th May 2004
Posts:1448
Ta!
I ain't buying a cardi though! I'll borrow the wifes!



PostPosted: May 1st, '09, 12:55 
Offline
HT Administrator
Joined:2nd May 2004
Posts:14621
Gender:Female
:rofl

_________________
PLEASE REMEMBER TO ADD ALL YOUR HOTEL REVIEWS HERE



PostPosted: May 2nd, '09, 10:10 
Offline
Member
User avatar
Joined:15th Apr 2009
Posts:241
Weather seems to be picking up nicely now, judging by the webcams

3 weeks to go, cannae wait!!



PostPosted: May 15th, '09, 06:42 
Offline
Member
Joined:6th May 2004
Posts:1448
So Cider, is it going to be nice from the 23rd? :tup . I just read some weather site which reckons May has the most rain for Tossa? Also when it says 20% chance of rain does that mean theres an 80% chance it won't rain or 80% of the day will be dry?
Ta



    Display posts from previous:  Sort by
 Page 1 of 3
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page: 1, 2, 3  Next

Related topics

 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Tossa webcam

rosiepeardrop

3

978

Apr 5th, '05, 09:09

Good_Queen_Bess

There are no new unread posts for this topic. palafrugell webcam

rosiepeardrop

8

1727

Jul 27th, '05, 17:40

angelica

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Webcam on tossa beach

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ]

rosiepeardrop

86

19232

May 21st, '06, 13:27

badboy

resuming salou route, please dont move post

bootle

1

405

Jun 18th, '08, 12:38

David

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Wots the weather going to be like

ian twinny

1

754

Oct 28th, '05, 21:22

Pippy

 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to: