Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
The weather here in the south has been superb since Wednesday 31st. Clear skies and around 23c during the middle part of the day.
hi, can anyone who is out there at the moment to me what the weather is like as i am comming out early next week and all the weather forcasts iv liked at seem to say something different.
It's been dry since the 'monsoon' on the 30th December with varying amounts of sun & cloud in the past three or four days. Temperatures between 20/22c during the day but you may want to bring a light jacket or cardigan for the evenings if you feel the cold.
julief2828 wrote:
hi, can anyone who is out there at the moment to me what the weather is like as i am comming out early next week and all the weather forcasts iv liked at seem to say something different.

Click this

http://www.aemet.es/en/eltiempo/prediccion/localidades?l=38060
Just got back from a week in LC.

Up until yesterday (Friday 9th Jan) the weather generally pretty good - warm sunshine, with a few patchy clouds meaning warm sunny days just with the odd interuption when the clouds blocked the sun. Was cloudy (faitly dark clouds) over the hills but not so bad on the coast.

However Friday 9th was very grey and overcast and light rain throughout the day.

Coolish in the evening (particularly the last 2 days) with a cool breeze, but not too bad.
http://www.weather.com
Type in Tenerife Sur and you will get daily, weekly and ten day forcast.
Rodz
I found that Vistas beach webcam on page 1 (first post) of this thread very helpful to check on the weather - it updates every 60 secs so you can see if it's blue sky/sun on the beach.
Hi

We have never been to any of the Canary Island before and was wondering if anyone can advise what the weather will be like at Easter. I understand it can be very windy at some times of the year so is there any particular area that would be best to go then.
Should be good, 70s, always seem to be some cloud aound,but, many hours of sunshine. Gets dark about half eightish.
Las Americas, Los Cristianos areas are most popular in the South of the island. Further is Los Gigantes, spectacular cliffs and a bit more sedate.
North of the island, cannot comment as have only visited for the day, seemed cooler and more cloudy. Others may be able to give advice on that.
Hope this assists
Real Tenerife wind today, A boards flying all over the place. Started dropping around 4.pm and is hot now.
This is how it is.
Rodz
Strange day today. Started off with cloud and a little drizzle early on. It then cleared and was lovely for a while before - as Rodz say's - the wind got up and it was quite gusty. Then, around 2 to 2.30pm the wind died down - at least it did here in Chayofa - and I've spent all afternoon since then reading on my balcony in the sunshine! :que There is now a bit more cloud around but otherwise it's fine.
Update of the weather.
It's in a good settled spell.
Today was one of the nicest days I have experienced on this Island.
Rodz
Going to Los Cristianos 10th March, were there for Christmas and New Year, will the weather be similar - mind you it''s got to be better than here!!

Katy
Hi All,

My wife is fearing the worst regarding our holiday to Los Gigantes in June - could anyone please allay her fears regarding the weather please? We've just been looking at the webcam for Los Gigantes today, and guess what.....it's raining again !!!!

Most forums state that the good weather ranges from El Medano to Los Gigantes, but anyone with 'personal' experience, or someone who lives near or in the area who can comment would be more than welcome?

Thanks

Mark and Pam
hi

we returned yesterday and the weather was great. it rained yesterday around 5.30am but when we left tenerife mid morning it was great. clouding over most days but still very warm. apparently the forecast for the next couple of days is rain for the island.........or so we were told and then improving.

hope this helps
tracey
http://www.weather.com then type in Tenerife Sur.
This gives you a ten day forcast and a hourly forcast.
Got to say though that the weather on the southern strip from say El Medano to Los Gigantes is very local.
Been in Cristianos, cloudy all day and brilliant sunshine in PDLA and visa versa and they run into each other.
The mountains are very close to the beachs and they dramatically effect the weather.
Rodz
Hi,
Coming to las americas on 22nd May for a week with hubby and son (15), was wondering what the temperature is like on an evening. Have been over for new year before is the temp warmer than then? Do we need jeans / trousers and cardi's.
Looking forward to the break away.

Many thanks.
Theresa
I wouldnt mind knowing that info as well - as I also am travelling in May but at the beginning

will I need to pack my cardigans for the evening?

any info much appreciated

cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.